cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my usage - not working?

Hobbit
Dabbler

View my usage - not working?

Is the view my usage tool under the member centre not working again?
Totals for last 3 days have remained at zero use?
Anyone else noticed?
10 REPLIES 10
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: View my usage - not working?

Seems to be working for me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Hobbit
I've just checked your account and can see the same issue. I've checked a few other accounts which seem to be the same though.
I'll check yours again later today and will let you know whether we need to take any further action.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pengyou
Grafter

My new billing period started today (16th). VMBU says no data to show yet I downloaded some files during freetime early this morning (about 730 MB between 00:45 and 01:30).
I don't know if this is relevant but the gateway checker tool says "Sorry, the tool currently could not identify your gateway; this does not mean that anything is wrong with your connection.".
The last time VMBU mistakenly claimed "no usage to display" for my account I had been on an unknown gateway - switching to a "known" gateway resulted in VMBU showing some data for my account.
I have not yet tried switching to another gateway to see if this makes VMBU display some data for my account.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The gateway checker tool not identifying the gateway "shouldn't" have a bearing on it, but Plusnet may want to note that just in case. My gateway also isn't identified as mentioned in the other thread.
My new billing period also started today and VMBU is showing the overnight usage and was showing peak usage ok last time I checked.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Hobbit
Myself and Chris have just cast an eye over this again and to be honest we can't see any obvious reasons as to why there's no usage showing for the past 3 days.
However, we have noticed that you've been connected solidly for 3 days which coincides with the duration of this issue so we're going to recommend that you reboot your router in order to drop and re-establish the connection.
Do check again after that and give me another shout if there's been no change.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Hobbit
Dabbler

Adam, thanks for checking, all a bit odd I agree.
Have just re-booted so will check out tomorrow to see if anything has changed.
Will let you know in due course.
Thanks.
Hobbit
Dabbler

Just to confirm that since re-booting my router it appears to have started logging the usage again and is now showing up again in the 'view my usage' section in the member centre.
Cheers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Hobbit
Thanks a lot for getting back to me about that.
We still need to look into why that happened on our side of things so I will let you know if we have any further news.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pengyou
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
The gateway checker tool not identifying the gateway "shouldn't" have a bearing on it

VMBU has started showing data for my account without me needing to reboot my router.
I changed gateways until I connected to one that was not "unknown" and then waited a couple of hours. The Plusnet site was down when I tried to check VMBU so I had to wait a bit longer than two hours.
Once the site was back online I found that VMBU shows data for my account, including the freetime downloads early on the 16th July.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The gateway checker not identifying the gateway shouldn't have any direct bearing on usage not showing. However the unidentifiable gateways are ones which go through the new traffic switches - and that could be relevant. So potentially there is an indirect connection with gateway identification.
David