Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

@HarryB Think you've missed the very important word 'not' out of your last post. Wink

John
Panglossian
Hooked

Well, I'm sorry to report HarryB that despite re-booting my Router, I'm still confronted with the Page Message 'There's nothing to show at the moment'.

Any other suggestions?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It can take a few hours to update, so it may just not have updated yet.

Give me a nudge if it hasn't appeared later this evening and I'll ask around a few colleagues tomorrow for any further advice.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Panglossian
Hooked

Will do HarryB

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is there a significant price difference between having a download limit and being on an 'unlimited product'?  If not, why not upgrade those on these old plans to an unlimited one.  They have obviously been with PN for some time so perhaps giving them unlimited downloads for the first year at their current price might be a nice gesture.

Panglossian
Hooked

Hello again HarryB

Sad to report, 7 Hours after re-booting the Router, still no joy I'm afraid.

Continue to be confronted with the Webpage Message:

Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Jonpe wrote:

Is there a significant price difference between having a download limit and being on an 'unlimited product'?  If not, why not upgrade those on these old plans to an unlimited one. 

An emminently sensible proposal.  Many of the legacy products had download limits whilst the monthly cost remained at the original high (by today's standard) value so removing the upload cap will cost Plusnet very little in revenue terms.  There is a case that Plusnet will lose the income from the excess usage charges - but this needs to be offset against the complexity of managing the plethora of legacy accounts with the aging Finance system.

I've recently gone through this process for a relative and upgrading from a legacy 2 Gig capped product to a current unlimited package reduced the monthly charge by about 50%. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Panglossian wrote:

Sad to report, 7 Hours after re-booting the Router, still no joy I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear that Sad

I've flagged this up with the relevant people and added your account details to the list we're investigating (Problem ID: 95330)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Panglossian Thanks for finding the time to speak to me today, I'm glad we were able to come to an agreement about how to proceed.

Should you require any further help or support feel free to tag me Smiley

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
disfroot
Rising Star

@JonoH

Nope, I reported this by phone weeks ago and this is still not fixed - I see 'sorry, nothing to show...' - on a 10G product which I can no longer manage.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @disfroot it looks like up until yesterday your connection had been up for around 44 days, however as it disconnected yesterday and still doesn't seem to be showing usage, I've also added your account to the problem ID mentioned in my previous response.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
disfroot
Rising Star

@HarryB thanks for that - look forward to the fix !

StayinAlive
Dabbler

OK. I've just had an email saying that I am approaching my 10GB limit for the month. The reason is that I have not been able to manage it without the information. The agent could tell me exactly how much data I had used every day this month so why can't that information be made available for us. I'm sure you want to get rid those of us who are on a "cheaper" metered product but this really isn't the way. Can we have our View My Usage Back. What actually is the problem?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@StayinAlive wrote:

I'm sure you want to get rid those of us who are on a "cheaper" metered product but this really isn't the way.

I can assure you that the problem with viewing usage on accounts is nothing to do with wanting to get rid of those on 'cheaper' packages. For the most part our newer packages are actually cheaper than the usage limited products if you have phone with us and they're certainly not cheaper if you go over the usage.

@StayinAlive wrote:

Can we have our View My Usage Back.

I believe I added your account to the problem ID at the same time when I added disfroots's account, as @JonoH had mentioned it to me.

I'm afraid at this time I wouldn't be able to put a timescale on a fix for this. Apologies for any inconvenience it's causing.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
disfroot
Rising Star

Can anyone please explain how I navigate the maze of twisty passageways that is the Plusnet Help system ? I'm trying to raise a support ticket asking what my current broadband usage is, but it just dumps me back to the usage page that doesn't work. The 'Wizard' only allows me to ask questions on completely irrelevant topics, so that is no help.

I don't want to speak to a person - because I want to avoid the time-wasting overhead of going through 'security' if I ring the 0800 number.

A direct link to the 'raise a ticket' option please ! or at least a map of the maze...