cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vidzone buffering

kingkobra
Grafter

Re: PlayStation Video Store

Tried watching preview of Transformers 2 last night, and it was stuttering like mad - so whatever changes were made, made no difference for me.
bobboulby
Grafter

Interesting, the same for me but I also tried some other film previews (Terminator Salvation, Ice Age 3, Star Trek) and they were all ok. This was at 21:30 last night on PTN-AG2.
I also tried Transformers again this morning and it was still stuttering so maybe there's a problem with that particular preview.
Bob
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hopefully it's just an issue with that one feed then, @kingkobra, are you able to try some of the other trailers to see how you get on?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kingkobra
Grafter

Yeah I will do later today.
bobboulby
Grafter

Bob, I'll try the video store again over the next few nights and see how it behaves. The real proof of whether it's fixed will be if you can rent a video and start playing it straight away. Next time we do this, (which may be a while), I'll let you know how we get on.
Bob
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Same here with Transformers only.
I and others had this same issue with a single episode of Click on iPlayer a short while back. Everything else ok.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobboulby
Grafter

I tried a few video previews at around 19:00 this evening and was gettting buffering on most of them.
Bob
kingkobra
Grafter

PS3 VidZone Streaming Speed

Hiya,
I'd just like to mention that music video streaming via VidZone on the PS3 is dire, waiting over 10 mins for a 4-5 min video to begin playing.
There is a progress bar in the app that shows how much has been streamed, and it climbs very, very slowly.
Any chance it could be checked out please?
kingkobra
Grafter

Re: PS3 VidZone Streaming Speed

Not sure why this has been moved to Gamers forum, seeing as its not game related whatsoever... just because its related to PS3 doesn't mean its a game.... i guess it can be easily ignored in here though.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Restored with apologies Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Is this at any particular time of day and is anything else affected?
Have you tried any film trailers, and if so are they showing the same problems?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kingkobra
Grafter

I have only tried in the evenings so far, and nothing else is affected as far as I can tell. iPlayer seems ok, youtube clips seem ok most of the time.
Most film trailers stream ok via Playstation Store, but VidZone is a completely different application to Playstation Store.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I don't think you're alone. Take a look at the threads here and here (can a mod merge them please?)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobboulby
Grafter

Since Bob has linked to this thread from the  PS3 VidZone thread, I though I post an update.
I've checked a selection of film previews over the last two weeks or so and sometimes they will stream ok, sometimes they won't. When there are problems, I've checked the PS3 iPlayer at the same time and that has been ok.
So still some work to do to get this working reliably ...
Bob
kingkobra
Grafter

Tried again last night about 9.30 ish, gave up after a minute of waiting and the progress bar hadn't moved at all in that time, but could watch the same video on youtube no problem at all.