cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy with the service I have been provided lately

Leds
Dabbler

Very unhappy with the service I have been provided lately

Hello for the past week and a half we have been experiencing a huge amount of drops, not only with incoming and outgoing phone calls but also for no reason. I have been on the phone to PlusNet support most days trying to sort this problem out. I really don't know what to do any more, I don't believe that you have done all that you can to try and resole the problem. It took you nearly a week to send out an engineer who just fitted a new face plate and even after changing the faceplate the internet still drops with phone calls and randomly (I even used the phone while he was there and he saw it disconnect). He was adamant that it was because the SNR was too high, even though I understand it's high in order for it to try and stay as stable as possible.
Here are some pictures of my problem:
33 REPLIES 33
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Very unhappy with the service I have been provided lately

i assume you've tried replacing the filters?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi LEDs,
Welcome to the forums.
Sadly you clearly got an engineer who did not know what they were talkiing about.  That SNRM plot is very bad and could be due to a number of things - line, router, filter or REIN.
Was the new face plate, a VDSL faceplate (data socket above phone socket)?
Is there noise on the line when you dial 17070 option 2?
What router are you using and how old is it?  Those negative SNRM spikes are disconcerting.  Do the zero spikes coincide with phone calls?
Hopefully CRT will pick this up soon and post some copper line test results.  I suspect that it will need another engineer visit (possibly several - to get one who will try hard enough) to fix this problem.
Can you please post your full line stats.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Leds
Dabbler

Yes the data socket is above the phone line, I have had complaints of background noise on the phone line.
The router is a Netgear DG834G v5 and although old has been very reliable and consistent in the past.
In regards to the negative and zero spikes, there doesn't seem to be a correlation that I have noticed, it just seems to sometimes go negative and other times go to zero whether it's a phone call or a random disconnect.
where would I go for a full line test?
jim:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi LEDs,
A line test is something which PN CRT / faults will do.  Sounds as though you still have a phone line issue which BTOR did not fix properly.
Could you please post your full router stats as described in the speed issues thread at the top of this forum.
Thank you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Leds
Dabbler

I attached the full router stats in my last post I believe.
Thank you
Leds
Dabbler

Would be nice if someone from PlusNet replies, as I am seriously considering leaving.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Leds,
I'm sorry to hear that the engineer we requested didn't resolve the problem you're seeing. Having read through the fault ticket I can see that our testing picked up an issue at the exchange so I've just retested the line for you and found that there is no longer a fault shown so it seems this was cleared by he engineer.
I have taken a look at your RADIUS logs and can see that the disconnections are still ongoing (although they look a little less frequent than before the engineer) so I've tested your broadband service again and this appears to have flagged that there was a problem identified during the testing however the test seems to show the fault sits within your home (everything from the master socket to the router) and as such we would need to run through internal testing with you again to troubleshoot the cause.
Are you able to test the connection from the master socket with all other devices unplugged from any other telephone socket in the house and see if the connection remains stable over the course of an hour or more if possible? Once you've done this if you can let us know and I'll get the fault pushed back through for you.
Leds
Dabbler

Hello Adam C
Everything has been connected to the master socket for about a week now and the master socket is the only telephone socket in the house.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Leds
I attached the full router stats in my last post I believe.

Hi LEDs,
Sorry I missed the attached screen shot.  On another occasion, you might find it easier for your self just to copy and paste the text.
Those stats are grim!
If you need any assistance with the elimination tests requested by Adam, please shout...
Given that this is a new VDSL master socket, you should follow the video in the speed issues thread to conducted the end user equipment elimination tests.
BTW please do not quote the previous post in full as it is against the forum rules and you'll have the mods feeling yiur collar... Which you really do not need the wind up factor thereof!  Wink

Leds
Dabbler

Quote from: Townman
Given that this is a new VDSL master socket, you should follow the video in the speed issues thread to conducted the end user equipment elimination tests.
BTW please do not quote the previous post in full as it is against the forum rules and you'll have the mods feeling yiur collar... Which you really do not need the wind up factor thereof!  Wink

If by that you mean plug it directly into the test socket? It was plugged directly into the test socket for over a year before the problem and up until the engineer fitted the new faceplate.
Thanks
chenks76
All Star

the test socket is behind the faceplate and you need to unscrew the bottom part of the faceplate to get to it?
is that what it was plugged into for that year ?
Leds
Dabbler

Quote from: chenks76
the test socket is behind the faceplate and you need to unscrew the bottom part of the faceplate to get to it?
is that what it was plugged into for that year ?

Yes it was.
Leds
Dabbler

Is there a number that puts me straight through to someone more senior in Plusnet as this either needs to be sorted quickly or we are leaving.
chenks76
All Star

you can phone the standard customer service number.
if you wanted an instant response than you should have used that initially.
the forums are not the place to get instant responses from PN and they are only active here between normal office hours.
the response from PN here has suggested the faults lays with your internal wiring, or possibly a faulty faceplate, however if you require feedback straight away then phone then using the normal number.