cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow upload speeds

MarkMWR1

Very slow upload speeds

Hello - hope everyone is keeping well.

As with the vast majority of the population I'm working from home and woefully low upload speeds (below 0.4 Mbps) are becoming a real issue when working on files with colleagues etc. 

I've tried the chat and phoneline and understandably its busy but is there anything I can do to sort this myself?

cheers all

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Very slow upload speeds

@MarkMWR1  Welcome to the forum 

I assume as you have posted on this board that you are on an ADSL connection? Are you using a Plusnet Hub Zero router?

The upload limit for ADSL is only about 1Mbps on a good connection. If you put your phone number in here what range of speed do you get?  https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Also note that you can only use your bandwidth once so if you are trying to download at the same time this will screw up your upload speed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MarkMWR1

Ah, ok then it might be that I need a new provider if working from home continues for the foreseeable. Thanks!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@MarkMWR1 Changing ISPs is rather pointless - the limits @Baldrick1 point out are infrastructure related, not ISP related. The only way to improve them is to move from ADSL to Fibre -if possible, and given the current situation, that could be a long drawn-out timescale.

John
MarkMWR1

Very good point John, longer term think fibre will have to be way forward but I best not add to the workload of engineers right now!