cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow speed this a.m. anyone else or is it us?

annapp
Grafter

Very slow speed this a.m. anyone else or is it us?

Hi,
We have had speed problems recently but since the 9th Sept things have got back to normal getting around 15000 kbps, now this morning we are down to 1800kbps, I hope its not just us, our router connection has been up for over 2 days and IP profile is still at 17000.
Thanks
Steve (username newapp)
5 REPLIES 5
grahamt
Rising Star

Re: Very slow speed this a.m. anyone else or is it us?

My speed's a bit slow at the moment too. approx 4000 with a downstream sync of 8279.
I'm connecting via the thn-ag2 gateway
Graham
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Steve,
We've not had any reports about any similar issues and the exchange does not show any connectivity problems and the VP is green.
What's it like now?
Jojo Smiley
annapp
Grafter

Hi,
Just did a 'My Broadband Speed' test and its back to 16000 kbps, couldn't get the BT Speedtester to work? I noticed over on the 'thinkbroadband' forum they are talking about BT problems in the North effecting speeds, however we are in the south, anyway seems OK for now.
Thanks
Steve
grahamt
Rising Star

My speed's back to normal too.
Graham (also in the South)
Lorenzo48
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
HI Steve,
We've not had any reports about any similar issues and the exchange does not show any connectivity problems and the VP is green.
What's it like now?
Jojo Smiley

I logged into my AAISP account to see packet loss on my line (great idea having a live chart) and it linked off to a BT fault. Went to check that and it said BT fault causing packet loss affecting AAISP and other ISPs over a wide area. Cause unknown but BT were on the case and have fixed it now.
I am waiting for my account page to update where upon it should tell me what the fault was.
Will post up screenshots when i can.