cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet

rachelm
Dabbler

Very slow internet

Over the past couple of weeks I've had a lot of problems with very slow internet speeds and now many pages are not loading at all. Some sites are okay but many I can no longer use at all.

I've done an online speed test which gives my download speed as 13.65 mbps and my upload speed as 0.78 Mbps. From what I can see the download speed is okay but I'm not sure about the upload speed. Is this a poor upload speed and could it affect me accessing webpages?

I'm not uploading files, just trying to use sites which involve a degree of interaction eg grocery shopping, looking at details of events and booking them online, googlemaps etc. I'm not sure whether my broadband speed is the problem or not.
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Very slow internet

Hi Rachel,

A warm welcome to the forums. Whilst speed tests are useful indicators, they do not provide the same level of useful information available from a full set of router stats.

You might find the slow speed issues thread useful too - see the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm just running some tests on your line and will reply again shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

From the test results below your line is very stable and connected well within the estimates we'd expect.

There are a few errors on the upload which may be causing some issues so I'll add interleaving (error correction) to your upstream to try and combat these. This should take effect in the next couple of hours, so if you can let us know how you're getting on after that we can take a further look.

Estimates:

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 14 -- 12 to 15.5 Available -- -- -- --

Connection log:

Line stats:

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 11.9 23.0
SNR Margin: 4.6 3.3
Errored Seconds: 8 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 352 1312
Speed: 976 17588

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 14752 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 11802
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 21
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 2700
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rachelm
Dabbler

I'm still having problems. I borrowed another laptop in case it was a problem with my computer but it's just the same. I currently can't get online at all and I'm only able to access this forum by using my smart phone's mobile data.
rachelm
Dabbler

I've now got some internet access back but still very slow, as it's been for the last few weeks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Is your laptop connected via wifi or Ethernet?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Our tests are showing a potential issue with the phone line so we'll get this raised for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team