cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet connection

Kasia
Hooked

Very slow internet connection

Hi I'm with Plusnet for 1.5 year and I was happy with your broadband. Unfortunately, last 5 days the connection for most of the time is really bad. I checked all wires and everything seems to be fine with that. I also connected my PC to the router using a network cable. That didn't help. Is there any chance someone could check the line or make some test or something... I'm sorry, I don't really know what should and could be done. Please help!

Kasia

30 REPLIES 30
Jingleman1
Dabbler

Re: Very slow internet connection

Join the club. I am getting upload and download speeds of about 2megs. I have restarted the router, natch. And there is no-one at Plusnet to ask for another 6 hours. Is this why I pay through the nose for such a rubbish service?

I am apparently not allowed to use bad language on this forum, so: Plusnet, you bleeps, why the bleep bleep bleep do you do this to me, when I pay my bills regularly? Do you think I am a bleep or something?

You claim to be good at customer service. But there is no-one to deal with my issues. This is bleep-poor.

Incompetence laced with arrogance.

Kasia
Hooked

Hi Jingleman1
My upload and download speed is less then 1 Mbps so you can only imagine how many beeep words I used for last few days.
If no ones help me here I’m gonna leave Plusnet because I’m not happy to pay for the service that is not provided.
The company is proud of their customer service but to reach them (by phone or chat) is nearly impossible. It’s a shame...
Jingleman1
Dabbler

A shame? No, it is worse than that.

It's CRIMINAL.

The fat-cat directors should hang their heads in shame. But no doubt they are too busy counting their share-options and bonuses.

Jingleman1
Dabbler

I phoned the so-called "help" line... but the waiting time is 45 minutes...

Jingleman1
Dabbler

It's apparently all my fault. I have to pay another seven pounds to Plusnet for them to send me a new router. Conveniently, their responsibility ends at the socket.

I have until January apparently before my contract runs out. Time to find a new supplier...

Any suggestions?

I would complain to Ofcom but they are such a shower that they do not want to know.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Jingleman1,

We are sorry to hear you feel that way. We do take all reported problems serious and would like to find the cause of the issue. Once you have tried the new router we would ask you let us know how you get on.

In regards to the cost of the router, I have responded via your account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Kasia,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a fault with your service. I can advised that we have reported it to our supplier and our faults team will keep you updated here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Kasia
Hooked

Hi SammyM,

Thank you for confirmation. I managed to contact your help line and I know that the issue was reported to your supplier. I’m now waiting for a contact from you. I hope I’ll have an internet back soon.

K
Kasia
Hooked

Hi Jingleman1,

Apparently our cases are not alike. It seems that my router is fine, I’m now waiting for more info from Plusnet. Hope your problem will be solved once you get new router!

K
Jingleman1
Dabbler

Thank you for your kind words, Kasia.

Just remember that legally you can cancel your contract if the other side do not uphold their promises.

I hope that you do get a satisfactory outcome.

Kind regards

Tim

Forndog
Dabbler

Don’t know what’s wrong but my broadband is also very slow!
Jingleman1
Dabbler

Well, expect Plusnet to blame you in some way. Consider witholding your payments until they sort it out.

And keep complaining.

Also consider dropping an email to your local newspaper. It is the only thing these firms understand!

Kind regards

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Jingleman1 You are posting the most ill-informed information I have seen for a long time.

You would get on a lot better if you took a little time going through the information freely available on here and elsewhere to help understand how broadband works, what you can do to improve it, and how to get the best service for you.

If you don't, and can't be bothered to do some basic checks, there is little people/Help Desk can do to help you. Simple things, like, does your phone line work, is it quiet and so on.

Withholding your DD and therefore breaking your contract only opens you up for debt collectors to be appointed, which if you then ignore for all sorts of credit rating hassle.

Jingleman1
Dabbler

Well, if you bothered to understand basic English contract law you would know that no company can charge for a service that it has not provided. And if Plusnet was stupid enough to send debt collectors around, you could then do the firm for harassment.

Actually, I have checked my phone. So has Plusnet. There is no problem with the phone-line. 

And yes I have been using broadband for many years. But I pay Plusnet to provide me with a service. Which I am not getting. That is the key issue.