cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor service from PlusNet Support

driveconsultant
Grafter

Very poor service from PlusNet Support

On Sunday my mother-in-law transfered a domain into her PN account for hosting. Following this, no mails were getting through to the domain. Now - on Thursday, the mails are STILL not getting through. I have chased this on her behalf, both through My Questions and by phone, but there has been no fix.
This is an active domain which receives a number of important emails, it is not acceptable for emails to be delayed, or even worse lost after this amount of time.
Can someone from PlusNet please comment on why this is taking so long for someone to look at it? Call is 24674308.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Very poor service from PlusNet Support

I've just raised a problem on this, basically it's not adding the domain to Postini correctly and therefore causing problems with email. I've added this to the current thread on Postini and Manage My Mail problems.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
driveconsultant
Grafter

Is it likely to be fixed? I could put the domain hosting where it previously was if there's not going to be a swift resolution. I don't want any emails to be lost?
driveconsultant
Grafter

I also don't understand why I need to "go public" on something like this to get a response to a fault in your official support mechanism.
Chris
Legend

I'll see if I can find out how long it should take to resolve. At the moment emails sent to the domain will be getting deferred for delivery at a later date so there shouldn't be anything lost.
I also don't understand why I need to "go public" on something like this to get a response to a fault in your official support mechanism.

TBH looking at the support ticket the agent that tried refreshing the mailbox component did exactly what I would have tried first of all. Once we found that hadn't worked then the more detailed investigation (what I've just done) would happen.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
driveconsultant
Grafter

Chris,
Yes the initial actions were done promptly, but the escalation actions are not happening quickly at all. How long does your mail system defer the emails? I know that most sendmail systems bounce mails after 4 days, but you don't use sendmail do you? And anyway we are almost up to 4 days now...
Chris
Legend

The time it's deferred for is defined by the sending server, not our servers that receive the message. We are looking at this today and hopefully should have it fixed by the EOD. However if you wish to move the hosting back to where it was previously until the problem is resolved I'd certainly understand that.
itsme
Grafter

My email server only try to deliver mail for 3 hours before giving up and sending an email to the sender that mail was undelivered. It's then up to the sender to resend. Normally the MX backup will receive the emails if the main server is down, and most MX backups will hold the emails for 1 to 2 weeks.