cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor connection

danielwilcock92
Hooked

Very poor connection

Hi am experiencing a very poor connection from my laptop to the wi-fi, I can only receive one bar on the connection and sometimies dropping out completely, even though there are no other devices connected to the wi-fi and I am no more than a meter away from my router.

My router is plugged into the master socket and have checked all lead and phone line working.
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Very poor connection

Hey,

It might be worth changing your Wireless Channel, we've got a Support Guide/Video which talks you through how you can do that: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ under the "How do I change my wi-fi settings?"

danielwilcock92
Hooked

This is the other issue I am having, I can get onto my routers home page but I am unable to click on any of the tabs at the top, like the page is froze
danielwilcock92
Hooked

I have now managed to change my router Channel but I am still experiencing poor signal, still receiving one bar on my laptop
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Which router do you have?

It may be worth downloading a WiFi Analyser such as 'inSSIDer' to see if your signal is being blocked out from other nearby routers.

Also if its a Hub 1 you have separating the 2.4 and 5Ghz services can help. Finally, are you seeing stronger signals from other WiFi services on your laptop, could your laptop have a problem?

danielwilcock92
Hooked

I have the 2704n router and running standard broadband. I have used a wifi analyser to determain the best router channel but seems no change.

There is no issue with the laptop as it is 2 weeks old and have connected it to different wi-fi networks and received full signal with no problems
hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

try this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Internet-page-request-timed-out/td-p/1372233 people seem to be having issues with windows 10 at the moment! Personally I stick to the last known working windows...xp haha

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!