Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very noticable speed drop after PLUSNET's mistake

FIXED
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Very noticable speed drop after PLUSNET's mistake

Fine, I accept that .However you have still enjoyed the extra service for these years without being charged. OK Plusnet have downgraded your service to ADSL rather than immediately increasing your price but I imagine that you would also have been a bit peeved if that had happened. The disappointing thing is that Plusnet did not contact you to discuss these options.

My previous advice still stands. If you are on a monthly contract, quote a competotors price and try to get them to match it in exchange for a new fibre contract.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

WSMaky
Dabbler

@Baldrick1

Thank you for the advice.

Me "enjoying extra service" is debatable at this point, as I spoke to Plusnet today to pull up records what happened in 2015 they say they can't go that far back in their system, even when I provided them the question reference from the call back then they say they can't find it in the system.

I am now advised to write to them in a link they provided to request them to pull up all the data they have held on me, that is the only way to find out what happened exactly, and may take up to 40 days.

Then maybe it might help refresh my and perhaps also Plusnet's memory what happened exactly back in 2015, maybe you were right that I was enjoying free high speed connection all these time or maybe I have actually upgraded but they didn't update their account to reflect that, we will see. 

But if it is the former, I will definitely give your recommendation a try, thanks! However, if it is the latter, then this period that I have been "downgraded" would have to be looked at with Plusnet.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Do you not have records of how much you have been paying PN? 

Based on what has been posted so far, it looks like you have enjoyed extra speeds you have not being paid for!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi @WSMaky

If you can PM me the ticket number you have I'll be happy to try to dig it out.

Having said that, it's unlikely this will change things, because ultimately the fibre upgrade would've gone through with our suppliers back in 2015, but not on your account and we simply corrected that with the information we have in front of us.

I note at the time we placed the order to downgrade your service matching your account type, we emailed you as per this ticket and it completed 7 days later. I'm sorry if this was not discussed with you at the time.

Looking at this pragmatically, assuming you hadn't recontracted in the past 2 years, then if the account change to fibre did go through you'd be out of contract paying either £15.99 for Unlimited Fibre or £20.99 for Unlimited Fibre Extra (+line rental).

If you want to upgrade back to fibre, you can do this at the above cost from here, or if you're wanting Unlimited Fibre on a cheaper offer then I'd recommend going here. Alternatively it's worth calling our customer options team.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WSMaky
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Thank you very much for the links, will definitely explore them. Also PM you with the details of the reference from 2015. 

@Mustrum

To be honest, getting these extra services that I didn't pay for really is not any consolation an really doesn't make my situation better. The priority for me is no impact to my work. 

If I did apply for the upgrade, but Plusnet didn't update their account and charge me for a lower price, it is not my mistake. Granted I should've checked when that happened but the beauty of direct debit and paperless bills meant you leave it to the back of your mind (4 years in my case)

And If I didn't apply for the upgrade and Plusnet upgraded me by mistake, again, it isn't my mistake.

Nonetheless I hope this is a lesson learnt for me to check and record information like these going forward as it is clear my memory ain't as good as it used to be. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@WSMaky no worries, I've sent a reply to your PM about an hour ago.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WSMaky
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Thank you again for the links, I had a call with the team and has upgraded the service. And thanks to you and the team for your support, I have chosen to stick with Plusnet because of the positive help desk experience. 

When I do get all my data I will circle back and update what exactly happened. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all, although it's worth noting what I've said is the likely scenario behind what had happened, but please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet