cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very confusing month with Plusnet

lyndyloo

Very confusing month with Plusnet

I registered for an ADSL account with plusnet on 1st January, what a mistake!
I have had a continuous flashing green light on the ADSL,
After lots of tests and spending 19.99 for new filters I still was been told it was BT.
"we can still that the connection is still not working as it should, therefore we have passed the fault back to the diagnostics team in BT to confirm what the next steps are and to further investigate your issue"
Incredible today I received a message telling me my broadband has been cut off, strange I didn't know I had been connected. I contacted support to ask for the whole nightmare to be canceled and requested a refund for the initial connection fee I paid and was told it was me who has to pay to either leave the company or pay to be reconnected, although I have never used the service yet.
how frustrating!
And to put the cherry on top I received an email today "Save money by recommending Plusnet" recommend??????? Oh and Plusnet do not speak to BT? What kind of company is this? I am a customer paying for a service?
9 REPLIES 9
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Very confusing month with Plusnet

HI lyndyloo,
What an awful situation for you. From the last contact on your account it looks like we have offered to reconnect it for free. I'm trying to find out a bit more background on it at the moment though.
Jojo Smiley
lyndyloo

I was told it would be free if I signed up to a 12 month contract. As I am only at the address temporarily to look after my sick Mother the package was ideal. I paid 25 pounds for connection originally, 6.50 for the service and bought equipment, but been unable to use it.
I am very unhappy with the way I have been treated. I have been patient for a month with wait 48-72 hours etc to be told I have to pay to continue or discontinue the service i don't even receive  Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lyndyloo,
After speaking with the provisioning team they informed me that your broadband had been provided but your phone provider had disconnected the line. The broadband we provide relies on having an active line to work on. Unfortunately, we have no control over your phone provider and have offered you a deferred contract rather than charge you £65 for a reprovide. It's not a good situation but sadly not one we were responsible for.
Jojo Smiley
lyndyloo

Hi Jojo,
The green dsl light is flashing, does this not mean the line is active?
If I do sign up to a 12 month contract, how will I know it will work having waited a month now?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI lyndyloo,
When the light is flashing it just means that you can't connect to the exchange. That is to be expected as there is no broadband on your line at the moment. One thing I can do is assure you I'll do everything I can to make sure everything goes smoothly for you and gets working as it should. Would you like me to have the order placed to reprovide the broadband? It will take 7 days to become active one we place the order.
Jojo Smiley
lyndyloo

Yes please. Thank you.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lyndyloo,
One of our chaps (Tom) will be ringing you now to confirm everything with you.
Jojo Smiley
lyndyloo

Hi Jojo,
I spoke to a lady after Tom, she said BT had a cease on the line. I have today called BT about this to see where the problem is. They said everything is in order as far as they can see. I explained to them the situation and that I could not start a reconnection until the 14th Feb, they said I need to tell Plusnet to contact BT Wholesale as they are unable to provide me with the information.
Are you able to do this?
I really would like to know what the problem has been.
On the plus side, they are sending an engineer out tomorrow to test the line for faults so when the reconnection eventually happens it may even work!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI lyndyloo,
I'm not sure what you mean. From what I know BT are your phone provider so you have to communicate to them that you want to keep the line. Once the cease order is removed from BT's line we can continue with the order.
Jojo Smiley