Marko2020

Very bad upload speeds and Xbox gaming terrible

Hello.
I have the plusnet technicolor TG582N and I'm
Getting very bad upload speeds.
I currently have version 10.2.2.b
When I use wi fi or wired I get an upload speed of 0.69
My ping is also 52 which is not great.
Any way I can fix it? Is there a new firmware update out and if so how can I find it?
Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
cedlor
Grafter

Re: Very bad upload speeds and Xbox gaming terrible

Welcome to the forum - I believe that firmware is the latest. If you still have a problem you need to work through the
speed fault "sticky" at the top of the forum, do the tests and post the results.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Marko2020,
A warm welcome to the forums.
That upload speed does not seem too abnormal, however as already suggested a full set of information is neede for us to advise you.  See the speed issues link below.
Check the line for noise, dial 17070 option 2 using a corde phone plugged into the master socket.  Is the router plugged into the master socket?  Are there any extensions, if yes how are they wired?
When you've obtained the requested information, we'll be able to take a view on how to proceed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
As Townman says your upload speed isn't bad at all for an ADSL2+ connection, your upload is synced at 1167 so you may be able to get a very small increase in the throughput but it's unlikely to be a significant improvement.
Where are you seeing those ping results from?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

With a synch rate that high, I would have hoped for a better data speed.  Need to be looking for/at line noise, internal wiring, wifi congestion, other concurrent activity and exchange congestion.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marko2020

Broadband suddenly turned off :( help

I was on the Xbox and at 11.30pm I started getting bad lag off the game so i reset the router. Since then the Internet light hasn't gone green or flashed at all.  I tried my backup router and it also can't get the Internet light. Phone is still okay and has a clear dial tone, changed the filter and Adsl wire from filter to router. Can anyone help at all?
cedlor
Grafter

Re: Broadband suddenly turned off :( help

Bearing in mind you did not reply to the suggestions in your last thread I would say we can only help if you do as we ask.
i.e.  post the stats from your router.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note
Threads merged to keep continuity.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine