cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanishing green cabinets

millsdon
Grafter

Re: Vanishing green cabinets

what's your postcode, I'll check on the December spreadsheet for you.
it'll tell you if your scheduled for FTTC and what cabinet your on.

NN17 1RD ?
Ronski
Rising Star

@millsdon
Good news, your scheduled, and it would seem you can get it already, Corby went live a few weeks back IIRC - 12th March according to the Twitter feed.
SAU_ID Name Postcode SAU_NODE_ID Exchange Only Flag Percent Lines Uplift Phase Deployed FTTC or FTTP
EMCRRBY CORBY NN171RD {EMCRRBY}{P32} 0 100% 3.22 7b Yes FTTC

Using a random house from street view for your postcode the BT WHolesale checker shows:
For Address 36 CUPAR CRESCENT, CORBY, NN17 1RF on Exchange CORBY
Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial check on your address indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 6Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5Mbps and 8Mbps.
Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 11Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 15Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 11Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 15Mbps.
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 36.5 Mbps and upstream line speed of 5.9 Mbps.

PS: Your on cabinet 32
millsdon
Grafter

where is cabinet 32? is it on a google map?
Ronski
Rising Star

millsdon
Grafter

thank you.....
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for that. I do hope BT do come up with FTTP otherwise there are going to be a hell of a lot of unhappy people on my end of the estate.
Quote from: Ronski
@glloyd, bad news, your either on a direct exchange line or P16, either way they are not scheduled for FTTC or FTTP
SAU_ID Name Postcode SAU_NODE_ID Exchange Only Flag Percent Lines Uplift Phase Deployed FTTC or FTTP
EAWTH WITHAM CM82SZ {EAWTH}{M_D} 1 88%
EAWTH WITHAM CM82SZ {EAWTH}{P16} 0 11%
BT may implement some form FTTP for exchange only lines, though thats only wispers at the moment.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Damn annoying when mods keeping moving established threads that then get lost.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I agree, far to much rubbish in the Broadband thread, it urgently need splitting
steveng4237

PL12 6TD, if someone could check id be grateful
Also, if fibre is going to come to my exchange soon under the superfast cornwall scheme I'm guessing it would be simply a matter of keeping PN as my ISP and just placing a fibre order with them?
Ronski
Rising Star

Hi steveng4237, your not on a cabinet, your line is direct to the exchange, so can't be enabled for FTTC. I believe quite a lot of Cornwall is going to get FTTP, which is better, and this has also been mentioned for exchange only lines as well.
You may be able to find out more here http://www.superfastcornwall.org/ the other place to ask is on the http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre.html forums.
theberrys
Grafter

You have started it now  Cheesy
Can you check mine please?  TA6 5PD
Ronski
Rising Star

@theberrys

SAU_ID	Name	      Postcode	SAU_NODE_ID	Exchange Only Flag	Percent Lines	Uplift	Phase	Deployed	FTTC or FTTP
WWBWAT BRIDGWATER TA65PD {WWBWAT}{P45}       0           100%          5.8 6bf Yes             FTTC

Your on cabinet 45, which is scheduled in phase 6bf, whenever that is/was. Superfast where and when gives a ready for service date of June 2012, although this may well change.
PS Deployed means scheduled.
Please bare in mind this data is from December and may well have changed by now.
steveng4237

Hi steveng4237, your not on a cabinet, your line is direct to the exchange, so can't be enabled for FTTC. I believe quite a lot of Cornwall is going to get FTTP, which is better, and this has also been mentioned for exchange only lines as well.
You may be able to find out more here http://www.superfastcornwall.org/ the other place to ask is on the http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre.html forums.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated
joncooper
Grafter

if you'd have a look at mine I'd be grateful, I can't get any answers anywhere else ~ TR14 7BP
Ronski
Rising Star

@joncooper
Your on one of three cabinets, two scheduled for FTTP, and one for FTTC
SAU_ID	Name	Postcode	SAU_NODE_ID	Exchange Only Flag	Percent Lines	Uplift	Phase	Deployed	FTTC or FTTP
WWCAMB CAMBORNE TR147BP {WWCAMB}{P17} 0 20% 5.48 Cornwall - Tranche 2 YES FTTP
WWCAMB CAMBORNE TR147BP {WWCAMB}{P19} 0 77% 4.69 Cornwall - Tranche 2 YES FTTC
WWCAMB CAMBORNE TR147BP {WWCAMB}{P39} 0 2% 9.76 Cornwall - Tranche 2 YES FTTP

No way to tell which one your on, it's not always the closest, have you tried your number or address into the BT ADSL Checker? http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome Note: If your number is not recognised, make sure you did not enter a space, if it's still not recognised try your adress, not just your post code.
Chances are your on P19 as that supplies 77% of the lines in your postcode, but of course you could be on either of the other two, only BT knows which one.
According to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WWCAMB FTTC is available in some areas. I posted a link a few posts back for Cornwall, may be worth looking on there.
Bare in mind this information may have altered since December.
Edit: I just tried some random house numbers on the BT wholesale checker forGWELMOR from google maps for your postcode, and the lower the house number the faster the FTTC speed estimate, so it looks like you may be able to get it, unless your on one of the FTTP cabinets.