Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value charges and no email.

HiroUK
Grafter

Value charges and no email.

Hi.
I'm hoping some one here can help me as I've not yet had any response from support.
Yesterday I decided to migrate from my current provider to Plusnet and the Value package for £5.99 pm for the first 3 and £5.99 there after. Throughout the sign up process it kept saying it would be £5.99 and £5.99 there after because I live in a Market 3 exchange area. However, when I went in to My Account after finishing it says I'll be paying £11.99 pm. Can any one explain this please? As I live in a Market 3 area, with more than 4 providers available, it should be £5.99 pm for the whole period. I have raised the question with support, but despite having a big graphic flashing at me that the average time to answer questions is a couple of hours, it's now been 24 hours and I've had no reply.
Also, after finishing signing up I received a couple of email to my current address letting me know that my new Plusnet address would be ready to use in 30 minutes, but I cannot use it. When I try I get a message that I have been locked out. I've tried both addresses I was sent (myusername@ and postmaster@) and get the same message. I've also tried webmail but keep getting this error: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server. Should they be available yet, or do they only become fully available to use once migration is complete.
I ask here in the hopes of a quicker answer because if it turns out that I won't be paying £5.99 for first 3 and £5.99 thereafter I want to cancel the migration as £11.99 is only £1.71 less than what I pay now, plus I get unlimited usage.
Thanks for any help.
13 REPLIES 13
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Value charges and no email.

Welcome to Plus Net - HiroUK
your OK on the Charges front, You will probably get the official reply from JameseH, a staff member who frequents this foum
your other question, as you only started the migrate yesterday, can you get on the PN site via your PN address?, have you reset your /Router to the PN Address?
or is it just e-mail?  if so look here http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/
HiroUK
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Welcome to Plus Net - HiroUK

Or rather, welcome back. I used to be with them a few years ago.
your OK on the Charges front, You will probably get the official reply from JameseH, a staff member who frequents this foum

OK, thanks.
your other question, as you only started the migrate yesterday, can you get on the PN site via your PN address?, have you reset your /Router to the PN Address?
or is it just e-mail?  if so look here http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/

Yeah, I have no problem getting on the Plusnet site and logging into my member centre, etc using my username and password, same one that is also used for the new email address. It's email (and webmail) only that I'm having the problem with. Everything is set up correctly. In fact I still have my old Plusnet email address from when I was previously with them and the server settings, etc. are still the same as they were then. When I try to check if any mail has been sent I get this message from OE: There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Temporary problem, please try again later', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92.
I use Mailwasher first though, to filter out spam, etc, before downloading any message to my OE inbox. With MW I get this message: The account is currently locked. This is probably caused by it either being in use by another session, or temporarily locked for maintenance. Try again later.
So I'm not sure if the mail that said it will be ready in 30 minutes is correct or not, and maybe I only get use of my new address once the migration has finished, which is due to complete on the 12th June.
paulby
Grafter

Don't worry about "My Account" showing £11.99.  You'll actually only be charged £5.99.
It's something to do with the way the product is set up (as it actually costs £11.99 outside market 3 areas).  You'll definitely only be charged £5.99.
As for the e-mail, my most recent referral had the same issue until his account actually went live after migration.
Edit: typos
HiroUK
Grafter

That's what I wondered regarding the email, if it was maybe because migration was still ongoing. Strange email to send me though (2 in fact), to say it/they would be ready for use after 30 minutes.
Thanks for the clarification on the price. Wasn't sure because as yet I've received nothing via email to do with the actual migration and the costs, etc. so the only thing to go by was the account details in the member centre which didn't tally.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
Welcome back first of all. Smiley
The charging issue is a raised bug, currently with our development team for a fix. You will be charged £5.99, however the portal displays the full price of the product (£11.99).
Regarding the mailboxes, please try sending an email and logging in again. Let me know if this works.
HiroUK
Grafter

Hi.
Thanks for clearing up the charging.
I was also about to tell you I still couldn't receive anything on my new email address. I sent a test message to it using my current ISP address but there was still nothing, right up to the last second, when I gave it one more go and this time it worked. Test message came through fine, and I'm also now able to log in to webmail. What happened there?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

sounds like your account has been activated Cool
Mand
Grafter

Storage for a mailbox isn't created until a mail is sent to it. A welcome email is automatically sent to the mailbox but it sounds like this isn't working.
HiroUK
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
sounds like your account has been activated Cool

Not due to go fully live till the 12th of June. Picked that day as it's one day before my current service renews so I can get maximum usage from what I've paid for. Smiley
Or do you mean my email account?
HiroUK
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Storage for a mailbox isn't created until a mail is sent to it. A welcome email is automatically sent to the mailbox but it sounds like this isn't working.

I did get one titled "Good news about your ADSL account from PlusNet", which was sent to the address I provided (old Plusnet email) and my new Plusnet one, but as you say, looks like it never went to the new one. The only other email I've received are the two telling me my new email would be ready in 30 minutes, both sent only to the address I provided for contact.
Thanks for the help all.
EmpireCad
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
The charging issue is a raised bug, currently with our development team for a fix. You will be charged £5.99, however the portal displays the full price of the product (£11.99).

I have a similar situation re the amount(s) being advised for my Value account.  I changed from BBYW Option 1 a few days ago.  Today is my billing day and I have just received my usual emails advising me of the amounts due to be direct debited, referral discounts, extra HomePhone charges etc – all correct and as expected.  However, the nicely displayed email confirming that my account has now changed to Value shows the monthly sub as £9.75.  And as with the OP here, my Account Summary shows my sub as £11.99.  I live in a £5.99 area but seem to have a "full house" of differing subs showing.  Can a PN staff member please confirm that I am on £5.99 till the next round of branding/subscription changes please?
Roll_eyes
And the "Estimated Speed" box in the email is blank.  Is this an ominent portent of things to come or just another bug?
Undecided
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

However, the nicely displayed email confirming that my account has now changed to Value shows the monthly sub as £9.75.

I'm pretty sure that mine did that when I changed. Don't worry, the monthly invoices are correct at £5.99. Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HiroUK
Grafter

It turns out I did receive another email with the correct payment details, broadband username, email settings, etc. How I missed it I don't know. Maybe not enough coffee to get the brain cells kick started. Roll_eyes
Welcome to PlusNet and thank you for choosing us as your Broadband provider.
Your Broadband account is now being set up.

Your PlusNet account details
------------------------------
Broadband Product: Plusnet Value
Monthly Subscription: £5.99
Contract: 18 Months

Estimated speed: 4.0 Mbps