cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPs check.

Apprentice
Grafter

VPs check.

Where else can I find out the state of the VPs, as the last ETA fix date was the 18th Jan 2012, but the BT speed tests show throughput is slower through the day than at night.
The PUT Exchange Status Checker looks like it needs an update for my exchange (Record last updated: 15 Jan 12), however it is showing the Virtual paths: Red but I assume rightly or wrongly that that is up to the 15th Jan therefore not since the fix date.
<http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/>
4 REPLIES 4
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: VPs check.

As my broadband service supplier can you contact your supplier to find out if there is an ETA fix date at the exchange which is showing signs of congestion  Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you ever run a BT speedtest and got a result below the acceptable speed range? If you had that strengthens your hand considerably.
I suggest you raise a low speed fault to push Plusnet in to raising the problem with BT.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks for the advice Jelv.
I have just run a BT test (around 11.30am) and the throughput speed would suggest the congestion has cleared ....... for now
  Undecided
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd be interested in seeing just how low it drops at peak time - if it drops below 600 (the lower limit of acceptable speeds) you and Plusnet would have a very strong case to push BT to do something.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)