cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN fine for 9 months, stopped working Jan.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: VPN fine for 9 months, stopped working Jan.

What are the first two octets of your IP address - A.B.0.0 ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

splont
Hooked

bobpullen wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken, it's a pretty old MobileXpress client, and so far I've struggled to get hold of a copy of the software (Co-op's IT department seem unwilling/unable to provide a copy and they don't allow the installation of third party software like Wireshark on company equipment).

Hi Bob, I have pinged you my username.

RE your co-op comments, you are right, they use an old mobilexpress client which I remember using nearly 10 years ago when I worked for them. Modern they are not Smiley

Also wanted to say thanks for the prompt support on this, first time I have sought assistance since switching over and I'm suitably impressed.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Iceburnmarko wrote:

Likewise as others from September to Dec the VPN for us has been working, but from Jan onwards it stop working.

I don't think your problem is related to the issue being discussed here. Your IP address is static and has remained the same throughout. Doesn't look like you've been moved to the new network yet either. I wonder if anything else changed around that time to cause the problem (new router/equipment maybe?)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Iceburnmarko

Nothing on our side has changed and if put server on different network connection they work. Spoke to person who use it the most and stop working at end April when you had the massive network wide blackout due to main bt router went. Since then no servers work on your connection.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In an earlier post you said it stopped working in January?

Who provides the VPN, and has the issue been brought to their attention?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

cowienash

Hi Bob - I have been told to contact you as you are the guy that successfully solves Plusnet problems, and I have read of others struggling the same as me with their VPN connections on the forum. I work remotely on an iMac using SonicWall Mobile connect and Mocrosoft Remote desktop to access my works server. This was fine when I was on BT but now I've changed to plusnet and I can't get onto the server. I've been told it's probably a conflict with the work IP address and my own but I am not technically confident enough to start changing things on my Hub advanced settings without advice. Are you able to help me?

Cheers.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

No problem. Would you mind dropping me a private message with as much of the following info as you're able to provide?

• SonicWall version
  • Who owns the VPN/server you're trying to connect to
  • The hostname or IP address of the server you're trying to connect to
  • When the problem started
  • What happens when you try connecting (what error messages etc. are returned?)
  • Does the problem affect both SonicWALL and Remote Desktop access?

Thanks.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

GrumpyCyborg

My VPN server at home has also stopped working. Its been fine since joining PlusNet at the beging of the year and for four years before thatwith BT and Virgin.
Stopped about a month ago. I can ping my router but VPN packets are getting filttered out or routed somewhere else.
Infact even with the VPN server in the DMZ I get no responce.
I have tried three modems and three routers. Two VPN Servers.

Any help or suggestions here ?

I havent managed to get any work done when away from home in three weeks since this has been going on.

mas3620

Hi - sorry to jump in on this topic (first time on this forum). I have the same issue, remote connection was working and now it does not work. Can you work your magic on my connection. My laptop has been tried at a friends house and it worked fine. Hope you can help me, many thanks in advance.

cresser

Hi Bob 

I think I'm having the same issue and also use Checkpoint security thing!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@GrumpyCyborg, @mas3620 - are you still having problems?

@cresser, I've replied to your PM.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pnandy
Hooked

Bob,

I am also having very similar problems of late I have sent a PM & would be very grateful I you could have a look?

Many thanks Andy

martinmcaleer

Hi @bobpullen I've just had a similar BT Mobile Express issue resolved successful by you via Gemma on web chat. Thanks 🙂

pnandy
Hooked

I wish I could get a member of the PN team to solve my connection...

plgde

Bob, evening i have spoken with the customer support team regarding issues that have affected our connection with two home pc's.

We have two seperate employers and different VPN software and log ons, until about six weeks ago all worked fine then one PC will no longer connect it just times out, everything else from Sonos to tv to ipads etc all fine.

Looking for solutuons i have tried the problematic pc with neighbours Sky and BT broadband and it works fine no issue straight in. I have then tried with a friends Plusnet account and it works there so what am i missing?

Any advice would be welcome as this thread seems to cover the same issues.

Paul