cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN disconnecting

VP89

VPN disconnecting

During lockdown I was successfully working from home connected to my work VPN, having gone back to the office throughout 
August and September I have had little use of the VPN. 

Now I am unable to maintain a connection to the VPN although I haven't changed anything about the set up.  The VPN connects initially and then within 1 minute disconnects. I do not get any error messages or pop ups, I only know when I try to access a file location via the VPN and it says the location doesn't exist. Then checking the connection it shows as disconnected. 

The VPN works when tethering from my iPhone so believe this is Plusnet/Wifi issue. 

Having browsed the forum i have checked my IP starts with 196 and can't see this flagged as a problematic IP

Any pointers?

My contract is up for renewal and without being able to use the VPN with plusnet and without being able to use the VPN then I may look at alternative providers.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
VP89

Re: VPN disconnecting

edited to say my IP is actually 192.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

the 192 is your local network IP address - your external IP for the internet is 51.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
cegueira
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I am having the same issues, I posted in June but there was a fix and up until yesterday everything was fine. The IT department said that lots of Plusnet users are having problems since switching to Always on VPN. Like you, it will instantly connect if I use my mobile's hotspot.

First thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/AOVPN-Windows-10-connection-issues/td-p/1746523 

Second thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/AOVPN-Issues-again/m-p/1767474 

Tags (3)