cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection lost today

firtha19
Hooked

VPN connection lost today

I have been working fine for months on my works VPN connection over plusnet. Today my connection dropped and when it reconnected my VPN will no longer connect it just hangs.

I have swapped out the router and no joy, but tethering to my iPhone over 4G I can connect fine.

I have seen similar reports of this on plusnet and BT IP addressing is mentioned (see link below). In the thread below 2 plusnet employees applied fixes to others accounts so I am hoping someone is online to resolve this for me otherwise I can not work from home. HELP..... Sad

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/VPN-fine-for-9-months-stopped-working-Jan/m-p/1301062/highli...

21 REPLIES 21
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: VPN connection lost today

Whose VPN are you trying to connect to?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

stevebarr1

My wife is having the same problem, worked okay yesterday now cannot get her work laptop to connect.

can you help please as she often has to work on call - she is able to use blackberry as a mobile hotspot and connect but why has plusnet connection stopped working?  Able to connect on other devices

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Possibly, but I need more info. i.e. what VPN you're trying to connect to, what VPN software you're using, what router you're using etc.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

stevebarr1

Is it best to phone in ?  Not keen to share work details on the forum

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Private message me.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

stevebarr1

Thanks - how do I do that

firtha19
Hooked

Have you reviewed the other thread? They resolved it in their without needing those details. The end client isn’t going to be an issue (I’m sure we don’t connect to the same place) it’s something to do with the up address we are assigned and a BT access list.

Please review the linked thread as it has more detail in there.
firtha19
Hooked

From Scrookes who is staff on the previous thread... he applied a fix for those users....

I've applied a workaround for your line
We think this issue may be arising due to how BT MX handle the IP range applied to your connection. Have you raised a support ticket with them directly via your IT Helpdesk? It may help us get this resolved for other customers affected too.
Steve
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm fully aware of all previous discussion/threads. I am not in the vicinity of the corporate network at the moment though, so there are certain things I can't verify.
If you'd like me to help then feel free to message me. Should be fairly self explanatory if you click the hyperlink to my name. Will try and take a look tomorrow.
For what it's worth, I only know of two companies that are problematic, and yes, the issue sits in their quarter as far as I can establish.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

firtha19
Hooked

Not sure if anything was done yesterday but woke this morning to find my VPN connecting straight away no issues. Nothing was done at my companies end at all and as mentioned this occurred when my connection dropped and reconnected.

I did swap to a static IP address yesterday evening as that was mentioned as helping some users from previous threads.

emsybunny
Dabbler

I have this issue too! Started a few weeks ago. Started working again. Today it's gone. I use checkpoint end point security Sad
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@emsybunny, are you still experiencing problems? 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

emsybunny
Dabbler

Hello, and thanks for your reply!
I have to take my laptop into work as the password is out of sinc so I will be trying again tomorrow night once I'm home.
There's a fair few within my organisation experiencing intermittent issues unfortunately. I thought it was fixed as I had a week of it working - but then I lost it again Sad
So hoping all is okay and it self fixes - here's hoping!
will post an update!
duckandgoat
Dabbler

I'm having the same problems today - have been using same set up successfully since March 2016, so not sure what's changed...?

My corporate IT department are aware that others have this issue today, but have said it's nothing to do with them... I can connect whilst tethered to my mobile, so it does seem to be a problem with the Plusnet connection.