cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Access

CaptainGT2

VPN Access

Hi Just like to know is there anyonoe else was or having problems with VPN Connections,  I currently work for the NHS and unable to remote into the system ?
Getting error remote host not responding which normally means the conne\ction is not getting out.
I have internet connection by cable or wirless and can access any site I wish.
But still not VPN connection
Can anyone help ?
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: VPN Access

which router are you using and have you tried disabling the Plusnet Firewall
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

As Jim said, check the firewall and if that makes no difference, If it's a TG582n as supplied by PlusNet you should check this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102798.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

prichardson
Grafter

Hi CaptainGT2,
Welcome to the forums.
I can see your connection has been online for 12 days and that you are on one of our newer IP ranges.
I would recommend that you fully reboot your router and try again as there is no specific reason you should not be able to access this.
I know of a number of people that access NHS VPN networks over Plusnet, so it does work.
Have you contacted the support team to see what their remote logs see of the incoming connections. I am aware they should be able to obtain this debug data.
CaptainGT2

Hi I have spoken to the tech guys and they said there shouldn't be any reason why i can use VPN my router is a Techicolor TG582n, and i have disabled the firewall and still no connection.  any other ideas please ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Do you mean you have disabled the router firewall or the Plusnet firewall? (https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

and did you try the telnet 'connection unbind' commands in the thread that I linked to ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CaptainGT2

Sorry yes I disabled the router Firewall, and yes thanks to you link I did the telnet session and now it all works fine,  thanks again to all involved.
Regards
Kurt  Grin
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have I understood this right, the modem/router firewall has to be disabled, or can it be re-anabled once the telnet stuff is done?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I didn't believe that the router firewall needed disabling at all. Yes, the PlusNet firewall should be set to LOW or OFF but the router firewall can AND SHOULD be left enabled.

CaptainGT2

sorry being a bit thick here i have enabled the router firewall, just wondered where is the plusnet firewall ? Shocked
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: jelv
Do you mean you have disabled the router firewall or the Plusnet firewall? (https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
CaptainGT2

Thank You Jelv !!!!!
Smiley
It is Off I will Change to Low !!!