cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU display problem when switching from interleaved to fastpath ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

VMBU display problem when switching from interleaved to fastpath ?

VMBU seems to have some sort of problem, which looks to be interleaved/fastpath related  !.    Shocked

My billing month is usually starts on the 8th and finishes at the end of the following 7th day of the month.
Billing for 8th September to 7th October looks OK.
BUT, the current period 8th October to 7th November is split into three sub periods -
        8th to 13th October,  then the 14th October to 3rd November,  and 4th to 7th November.

As can be seen above, if I select the monthly view, which normally shows usage each day over a four and a bit week period, at the moment it shows the whole month as being only four days long.

Where it gets interesting, is that each new VMBU sub-period is coincident with my line switching from interleaved to fastpath !  Shocked

Latency graph for 14th October -

Latency graph for 04th November -

I'm not too bothered about it,  but just wanted to see if there was a rational explanation ?  Crazy
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: VMBU display problem when switching from interleaved to fastpath ?

That... is odd. Just had a hunt through the bits of our supplier's systems we have access to and it doesn't seem to show the interleaving changes - they're not placed on our system but would normally show in the same place we check speed profiles. Only thing those show though is that you've got a pretty much constant 8128 sync and therefore a 7150 profile.
Have to admit though from the graphs it does seem to be the case - though the only thing we saw on your account is a KCI update that seems to come from a manual order to remove interleaving which completed on the 15th October. Perhaps the work was done early on the 14th before the order was closed off the following day?
There's also a KCI for an order to complete on the 5th November though I couldn't see that order on our supplier's systems or your own account.
We'll keep an eye on this I think but I've not come across anything like it before.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matt,
It is odd that the interleaving to fastpath changes don't show on your systems, as they were both requested by me, and I can categorically state that my modem WAS interleaved immediately before the latency steps shown above, and the line definitely switched to fastpath afterwards.
The first order for fastpath YOU DID, in response to my PM on 11-October, and you responded back on the 14th October.
The second order for fastpath was initiated by Member Centre ticket #76450455 (Order ref:1-15PDG3D) - after my line errored during the gale the day before.
Therefore both the interleaved to fastpath orders completed when they were expected to occur, and those dates happen to be the same as my VMBU chart going wrong.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if you were to place another order for setting interleaving to off (for completion early tomorrow) - to see whether my VMBU further breaks into another smaller chunk.  Although I wouldn't know when it actually completes as I am already on fastpath, and I don't know whether the BT system will accept an order to change a parameter that is already in place.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can somebody else that has requested their line be changed from interleaved to fastpath in the last month,
check to see whether their VMBU display is showing the same oddity on the day that the interleaving change occurred ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks from our side like our system is picking up the order KCI notifications as a change of product, hence it resetting your usage period each time. Not seen that on any other account, though I'll certainly be keeping my eyes out. I'll see what I can do to get someone to take a look at why it might be happening, but hope it's not causing you any problems?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matt,
It isn't causing me any connection problems at all.  Smiley
It is just slightly annoying that my VMBU history doesn't show my previous monthly usage as it should, and I can't see my daily usage for the other 27 days of this current billing month.
I am also assuming that these usage resets are not starting additional chargeable billing periods, although there is no sign of anything unexpected happening in "View Transactions" in my "Account Details"
I am happy to leave things how they are, I just thought you might be interested in adding this anomaly to your pile of odd thing to look out for.  Wink
Anonymous
Not applicable

As previously I'm not bothered about this, but I thought I might as well tell you that it's happened again !
My latest ticket requesting that interleaving is switched off went through yesterday, and in the early hours of this morning my line switched to fastpath, as can be seen on my TBB latency chart -

I checked VMBU at around 16:08 and all seemed to be as it should -

but later at around 21:12 I checked again and the billing period has gone wrong as before, and todays usage restarted -

Just to repeat,  this ONLY happens on the days when an order to remove interleaving gets actioned  Shocked

As I said, I don't really care, so don't bother doing anything just to keep me happy  Wink