Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU Gone wrong

techguy
Grafter

Re: VMBU Gone wrong

Hi
Looks like the gremlins have been at my account too.
Just logged in to check my usage as I've used iPlayer a fair bit today and everything is showing as 0, my billing date is 23rd of each month (is this why perhaps?) and thought I should raise as don't want to be slapped with restrictions if there's an issue.
Could a kind PN soul take a look for me please.

Thanks
Mitch aka techguy.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

mine is recording but low

Monthly usage in detail Jan 24 2009 - Feb 10 2009
Broadband Your Way (Annual Contract) Help Upgrade

Sat 24  Sun 25 Mon 26 Tue 27 Wed 28 Thu 29 Fri 30
Paid-for 99.5MB 64.18MB 22.82MB - - - -
Free 0KB 67.97KB 37.43KB - - - -
Total 99.5MB 64.25MB 22.86MB - - - -
Tsonga
Grafter

Hello James
I get nothing for this month and 38.21GB for last month!!!! I think it should have been roughly 18GB last month...
Also, I keep getting disconnected this morning (same thing yesterday morning) and this is my current line rate:
2528 Kbps 448 Kbps
What's going on?
Huh
James
Grafter

Morning all,
We've got a couple of problems (internally) open with VMBU which we're currently working to fix.
I'll try and get an update later on today.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

a comparison between VMBU and Netmeter from of of my two machines
techguy
Grafter

Hi
Any update on this as I'm still showing nothing.
I'm assuming that the information is being metered/stored somewhere so that an accurate record can be generated when the server/application error is resolved?
James
Grafter

Morning.
The problem is in our problem hopper, where we put prioritised P2s.  That should result in it being fixed relatively soon.
We also store the usage data in our CBC logs.  It just doesn't appear to be getting attributed accordingly to some accounts.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I like this new Option 1 10Gb - it doesn't use any bandwidth.  Grin
Seriously though how am I to tell if I am heading for an extra bandwidth charge when the VMBU still shows zero usage this month
techguy
Grafter

I am a little concerned myself too, if it isn't being attributed to people's accounts how can you enforce your network business rules such as the 128k capping.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

why do I always notice it Friday night, Phone calls not updated since 26th  Angry Sad Roll_eyes
MrC
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
The problem is in our problem hopper, where we put prioritised P2s.  That should result in it being fixed relatively soon.

Hmm. Does this 'problem hopper' have a shredder conveniently positioned beneath it? Smiley
As it's now the end of the 8th day of no VMBU, it would be nice if PN could put out a statement clarifying whether any utilisation data recorded by them during the 'blank' period will actually be counted towards our monthly allowance. I've got a rough idea of how much data I've used but not being able to check this against PN's figures is becoming more of a pain as the days go on.
In fact I'm surprised PN haven't issued one or more fault/status reports on this.
Mike
dogday911

Exactly same problem as displayed - nothing showing for any usage after 22/01/2009 for 'Broadband My Way', when viewing this months usage it displays the week starting Thursday 01 presumably for January 2009 with no values and all other days for that week greyed out and no other weeks displayed for that month.  Getting worried that I cannot determine if I have gone over my daily usage limit. 
Anyone know if there has been an update on when this will be fixed, or a suggestion on free software that I can set up to monitor my usage during peak hours?
bill
Grafter

I share your same concerns. My VMBU is showing exactly as you describe yours. Plusnet say they are sorting the problem, but it's taking a long time. My other concern is that the VMBU for the previous month period piled on a couple of extra Gbs during  the the last 3 days of the month to show over 5Gbs instead of about an expected 3Gbs. Since I'm allowed 15Gbs it doesn't affect my bill, but how am I to know, until the VMBU fault is corrected, if excessive incorrect usage is being piled on this month? Hope it's sorted soon.
techguy
Grafter

Yes is there any chance of this getting fixed anytime soon?
Will PN be lenient on those that may have gone over their allowance becuase they did not have access to the information?
marktw

It appears to still be wrong.
I'm going to be very  Angry and  Cry if I end up going over my limit because I can't monitor it myself.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a free bandwidth monitoring tool I could use?