cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utter contempt for customers?

gsport
Dabbler

Utter contempt for customers?

I am genuinely interested if anyone at F9 pays ANY attention to the responses customers post to support tickets?
A few months ago, I yet again had speed issues with my broadband... ridiculously slow speeds in the sub 100kbps range...
When I raised a ticket I was (I felt understandably) annoyed to be given a response of:-
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

"The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found
According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.
Kind Regards,
Customer Support
"
Now I can understand that this is an automated response, but doesnt ANYONE at F9 CARE enough to try to fix this?

Now, about 2 months later, I AGAIN have ridiculously slow speeds, so I again raise a ticket, and get the SAME automated response.
ALL this achieves is to wind me up and delay a resolution of the issue.

Is it REALLY beyond the technical capabilities of everyone at F9 and/or BT to either fix this issue, or at least have the support team check this kind of response before "returning it" to the customer.
8 REPLIES 8
astarsolutions
Grafter

Re: Utter contempt for customers?

your connection speed is: none found
According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service

That's one of those classic messages
With regards to your actual problem I don't suppose its related to any restrictions or management placed on your account.
Also is it with all protocols i.e. http or just some e.g. Usenet, P2P?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can safely say this isn't anything to do with usage limits, and apologise for the hassle on the speed fault ticket - unfortunately all fault tickets go through an automated check and with speed faults if no speed test results are found the message you have received is sent back without any intervention from ourselves. I can assure you that an upgrade to the faults tool is under development and as far as the reports go these responses will undergo heavy editing.
I have passed your ticket through to the faults team and referenced your previous ticket, in order that they understand that you know what is going on with this issue.
astarsolutions
Grafter

So that's why we have to run a speed test before raising a fault.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, that's one of the reasons. The other (main) reason is that BT will reject a speed fault if there hasn't been a recent speed test done.
gsport
Dabbler

Thanks for that. I think this is the first time anyone has actually admitted that this kind of response is a bit ridiculous...
While you are looking at ways to improve this portion it would be good if you could put a password on the BT test login (BT_test@f9.co.uk or whatever it is), my router will absolutely NOT allow me to leave the password field blank so I can never complete the "further tests" and the speed test then stalls at that stage and once it has failed to load and you re-load the page you cant go back to complete further "basic" speed tests..

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can put in any password in with the test logins (we recommend 'test') and it should work fine.
Hope this helps,
gsport
Dabbler

tried putting in aaaa last time and it didnt work... but lots of the tests were timing out etc anyway, the speeds were THAT slow...
James
Grafter

Hi,
The "none found" error message is something that annoys me and I'm sure a number of other staff, not to mention numerous customers and has been raised in the past.
I'll check with Development and see if my suspicion that we have plans to try and do something about this is actually true and not something I just dreamed up.