cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Plusnet-supplied TG582n Router

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Using Plusnet-supplied TG582n Router

Have just replaced my old Netgear Router with a Plusnet-supplied TG582n Router, and am having problems with the wireless link. My system is a desktop pc connected by cable to the router, plus two remote pcs connected via wireless links. The desktop pc is working fine - download speed now is over 6Mbps. However, neither of the two pcs connected via wireless remember the connection to the new router once I turn them off, so although they can see the network generated by the new router, I have to keep loading the key and connecting every time I boot them up. They always connected readily to the old router without this aggravation. Have you any suggestions what I should do, please?
Also, while both of these pcs are only about 10 feet from the router, the pc upstairs claims to get a strong signal running at 54Mbps, while the other in another room downstairs claims a weak signal (2 bars out of 5). The upstairs pc only has a typical wooden floor with ceiling between it and the router, but the downstairs pc has a brick wall between it and the router. Any suggestions as to what I should do here (on this score, my 3G phone has problems in some parts of the house, so does the new router use 3G technology?). When these pcs are connected via the wireless link, they seem to be ever so slow.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Using Plusnet-supplied TG582n Router

Hopefully Aldabbagh will have seen the message I left in another topic. What I would like to discuss with Aldabbagh is the setup used when he or she (that's the trouble with political correctness) connected two routers together because the TG582n router doesn't have a good wireless range. The information I am after is:-
1. which router connected to the phone point?
2. how do the two routers connect to each other (cable or wireless)?
3. for setting them up, are both routers cabled to one pc, or one to each of two pcs?
4. what did you have to do to each router to set them up (controls, etc)?
5. Anything you think I should know?
Thanks