Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet speeds

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Usenet speeds

Well as I mentioned earlier I'm on pte-ag2 and I've had more or less max speeds all afternoon (thats around 210Kb/s for me) - so no complaints today  Wink
rneilg
Grafter

Quote from: pcoventry76
No fair enough my comment was not meant o imply the OP was doing anything wrong, but let's face it - the majority of usenet binary download is copyrighted material

Thats high horse you are on there!
If you only surf webpages then a 1mb connection will be more than ample for you in particular.
pcoventry76
Grafter

you forgot the "a"
And maybe it is - i do download game patches and windows updates so 4..5MB will do me fine Smiley
medric
Dabbler

Quote from: Bob
Looks like we're going to have to postpone this afternoon's activities Sad
We'll look at rescheduling the balancing as soon as we can.

Why the postponement?  How long before you fix the problem which is frustrating many of us?
rneilg
Grafter

Quote from: pcoventry76
you forgot the "a"
And maybe it is - i do download game patches and windows updates so 4..5MB will do me fine Smiley

Why enter a discussion about usenet if you do not use it?
Stick to discussions that concern you instead of being judgemental about what usenet is used for and how "your" service is ok. It is all irrelevant to this thread.
STRESSEDOUT

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
As Bob stated yesterday the gateways are very much out of balance at the moment, something that will hopefully improve today.
Your issue sounds like something else though, as you say the issue has been ongoing for some time. Are you still unable to download from Easynews or access their site?

Usually not until about 2:30am, i can download and browse to my hearts content, it's way too late in the night though, I'm one ugly bloke and need all the sleep i can get.
however yesterday i got on at 1:30..  I normally just get connection reset be peer before this time. Or timed out. I don't always download but if i do then i set it from about 3am with the scheduler. which was fantastic the first month with plusnet.
Support had me thinking they was going to help and started out the same way as yourself, queering the fact that i should be able to connect. then someone told me after 2 weeks of to-ing and fro-ing, and a few whiteshark packet files, that oh yeh, we manage it and that connection would be the lowest priority. then a bit of reading on your site about speeds and blueprints, i came to the conclusion that it's not going to get better. Which makes me miffed beyond words.