cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet less than 1k a second?

mherbert
Grafter

Usenet less than 1k a second?

Currently very poor performance on external UseNet servers such as AstraWeb and Easynews. Even the usenet provider's webpages are incomplete / slow.
Currently on thn-ag1, which at the time of posting is one of the less congested gateways, albeit still with quite a few packet drops.
Is there a problem as other gateways are showing a lot of dropped packets.
4 REPLIES 4
Mand
Grafter

Re: Usenet less than 1k a second?

Hi there,
We had a problem earlier this morning with one of our central pipes. Customers were dropped, and were immediately able to reconnect.
However this now means that the pipes are somewhat imbalanced, which will mean that some gateways are suffering with speeds on low priority protocols.
PTE-AG2 appears to be the best gateway to be on at the moment according to the graphing here.
mherbert
Grafter

Hi Mandy,
Thanks for the quick reply, it's much appreciated Smiley
I'm currently on PTE-AG2, and have been since around 13:15, but usenet speeds are still quite poor at 71k a second.
No doubt it's down to the balancing issues you've mentioned and will try to get on a less congested pipe later on today.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Actually there might be an issue with BTs distribution on this pipe. Others who've disconnected and gone onto another one have found performance improved, perhaps it might be worth trying a reboot and a different gateway?
mherbert
Grafter

Thanks Matt, I'll see if I can connect to another gateway.