Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet CRAWLING this morning

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Usenet CRAWLING this morning

I was getting 50Kbs yes 50k bytes dialup speeds on 2 diferent gateways this morning both lo0-plusnet.pte-ag1.plus.net & lo0-plusnet.ptn-ag2.plus.net were VERY slow.
Now on lo0-plusnet.pte-ag1.plus.net and it seems to be about 2Mb lower than it should be.
I should be seeing full speed until 12pm. So what is happening? More cricket in the rain?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Usenet CRAWLING this morning

I've just got home this morning and I'm getting full line speed on pcl-ag04
Paul
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Well I tried changing 6 times and kept getting the same g/w so stayed on ag1, now dropped to 512Kb as expected, but should have been faster this morning.
tobykim
Grafter

That happened to me the other day I couldn't swap gateways for some reason I tried 4 times in the end I did a soft reboot of the router made a cuppa and reconnected and it had changed, I think you have to leave a bit of time before you reconnect, better to do a soft reboot than a complete one as the exchange will see frequent disconnections and lower your sync, it is a pain though trying to find a good gateway
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Yes at NO point did I reboot the router, I only disconnected & reconnected the ppp session.