cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless evening broadband

ruby40

Useless evening broadband

Had no problems with broadband until this week, every night from around 8pm until early next morning, my broadband has been so slow it’s pretty much useless. I get that it’s been the Christmas hols, and busier, but speeds don’t return to usable until early hours of next day. There is only me in the house, and I’m a relatively low user of broadband, however speeds make using Netflix or even internet browsing pointless. I can’t contact customer services via chat, cos, no internet, and phone takes too long.

Ive tried speedchecks, most of the time can’t even get a connection in order to check speed,! Managed this evening, 1mbps.....or less

This isn’t the service I’m paying for, what’s the point if I can only use internet for a few hours a day after work?

not happy

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Useless evening broadband

Have you tried wired connection using Test Socket within your Openreach Master Socket?
If using wifi, try changing channel.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Or how is your phone line? Dial  option 2, is it quiet?

You will not get good broadband speeds if you phone line is noisy. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @ruby40

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've tested your connection and it's syncing up at around 11mb/s with no drops over the last seven days.

Could you please perform a wired speed test and if this is around the same speed, focus on the wifi troubleshooting here?

If the speed is significantly lower on a wired speed test, please let us know.

Best wishes

Dave