Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Of Phone Disrupts Broadband

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Use Of Phone Disrupts Broadband

@OwldChap, From what I can see we sent you a deadlock letter as per ticket 179997422. I can see you've raised a new ticket 183083970 with our complaints team which they'll get back to you soon on. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

@Gandalf Thank you for your Post

You know very well that this thread has nothing to do with ticket 179997422, so an irrelevant remark sir of little help or use.

This complaint 6 September 2018 in conjunction with that of 28 September 2018 now also requires a single dead lock letter to cover both, as PlusNet maintain that an engineer attended my property on the 26 September 2018 when I have proof he did not. I have shown that the notes offered as proof by PlusNet of attendance cannot be replied upon as there are inconsistencies in the engineer's notes for 11 September 2018 and those for 26 September 2018 no doubt by the same hand. One of the problems being that as soon as the engineers know it is cabinet 16 in Tweed Street as runhare and Mustrun have pointed wisely given their experience in their post that "broadband engineer going out to a know physical line problem will know they are wasting their time", backed up by the multiple engineers visits which is probably why the last one could not be bothered. So please send a deadlock letter without delay.

PlusNet have evaded giving response to the questions raised in this thread and on the Members Centre notes and does not seem consistent with professional code of conduct. PlusNet continue to ignore them and can shed no light on a resolution to the fault, it cause or what needs to be done to rectify the fault. PlusNe have no explanation as to why the tests PlusNet gave an assurance would be carried out have not in fact be carried out by the engineer. What happened to the End To End Testing and The Through Investigation. Why was there all the problems on Sunday? What was there cause? No Response even now. I have plenty of videos that document the noise the failure of the broadband when using the telephone and the none appearance of the engineer. There is no point at all in PlusNet offering to send an engineer if the engineer do's not attend the property for the appointment as arranged. 

I May Old But I’m No Fool (Except For Moving Here)
OwldChap
Grafter

PlusNet obviously in a quandary yet again.

PlusNet utterly reliant on Openreach who have proved most unreliable.

PlusNet unable or not willing to provide a response to any of the above and unable or not willing to provide a response on Members Centre notes either.

Dropped broadband connection again yesterday 16:13:56, 02 Oct.dsl: ADSL Link Down.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @OwldChap,

I've reviewed your account today and raised a further ticket response regarding this issue, which can be viewed here.

Please let us know once you have been able to respond to the ticket so that we can pick this up again as soon as we're able to and I hope that we will be able to resolve this issue shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
OwldChap
Grafter

Thank you @TheMightyAJ for your post.

There are existing Members Centre note on this problem.

Further drop in broadband connection today at  17:24:24, 03 Oct.dsl:ADSL Link Down:

@TheMightyAJ Members Centre Notes Amended

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@Mustrum wrote:

a broadband engineer going out to a know physical line problem will know they are wasting their time, and no doubt not turn up.

I think you've confused "physical line" with "voice fault". The idea that a broadband engineer can't do anything to the physical line doesn't make much sense, there's not really much they can work on besides the physical line.

OwldChap
Grafter

Thank you for your post @ejs

@TheMightyAJ Mal function of web page in Members Centre Notes, did not accept my notes. Notes now added.

When PlusNet complaint review the non attendance of the engineer for the appoint 26 September 2018 13:00 to 18:00 Please ensure that all communications are by Email So as a record is kept for the Ombudsman's services.

OwldChap
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ  Have complaint been informed yet should take a very short time for them to decide. You say an engineer attended at my address 26 September 2018. I say he did not. Straight forward and simple enough. 

OwldChap
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ

You believe from the engineers notes for the appointment for 11 September 2018 13:00 – 18:00 the notes dated 11 September 2018 and timed at 12:07:43. in the notes the engineer states “I completed the ring ahead but there was no answer” He did phone I have a picture of the Caller display, If he did not phone how was he allowed to attend the address early.

You belive from the same set of notes 11 September 2018 that when the engineer states, “ NTE replaced as it was obsolete”. The NTE socket was only installed recently under an appointment arranged by BT and is documented on the BT forum as such. You then use this same statement “NTE replaced as it was obsolete” from the engineers notes dated 26 September 2018 timed at 13:37:24 as prof that the engineer attended at my property. I can tell you that the “NTE” was not replaced at ether appointment. These note cannot be relied up on as record of what took place. The replacement of the master socket At either date would have been a pointless exercise as the fault is still present with any of three inline micro filters plugged into the master socket as the videos I have can prove. You cannot be selective as to which part of the note are correct or which set of notes are correct they are ether correct or incorrect in full.

In your Members Centre notes of 5:50pm, Wednesday 3 Oct 2018 you stated “if we were to continue investigating the fault further and arrange another engineer visit with our suppliers then we could arrange to escalate this issue to them to ensure that the fault is dealt with the utmost care and attention.”

In your Members Centre notes of 6:52pm, Thursday 13 Sep 2018 you have already assured me by stating the visiting engineer will do end to end tests and thoroughly investigate both the distribution and exchange side of the line to locate and resolve the fault.” Despite your assurance the fault is still very apparent on Sunday 30 September 2018 as you have conceded in your Members Centres notes of 6:52pm, Thursday 13 Sep 2018 “I've tested your line today and can still see drops in the connection, which does mean that the fault hasn't yet been resolved.” You believe Openreach assurance that the visit took place, and given the assurance you gave to me then there seems very little more that can be done to fully rectify the fault by Openreach / PlusNet. Even BT Whosales Figures for the line (See Above) casts doubt on the lines viability.

So Stop this deliberate procrastination and let the Ombudsman’s Service resolve this without delay.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see the matter is with a member of our Advocates team who is dealing with this for you.

With regards to the Ombudsman services I do need to point out they are primarily there to deal with financial and contract disputes rather than broadband faults.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
OwldChap
Grafter

Thank you for your post Mr @MatthewWheeler  

This is about PlusNet / Openreach regarding me as a Liar pure and simple.

OwldChap
Grafter

PlusNet nothing to say till Tuesday, tied them selves in knots.

The most deplorable quality of service available at any ISP

Utter disgrace the way this company behaves believing they can bully old folk. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

As you've got a case handler for your complaint I'd recommend liaising with them on ticket 182370439

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

@Gandalf 

Yes I do feel that way what do you expect when PlusNet staff say I am LYING.

I refuse to be bullied by PlusNet.

You know very well as part of PlusNet staff that PlusNet staff  have refused to do anything until next Tuesday 9 September 2018 so no point in liaising with any one till then. Very Poor Indeed

So your comment is irrelevant and not very constructive.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that.

Could you advise who or roughly when you spoke to that said you were lying? As we'd like to investigate this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet