cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage stats

PGRGrandad
Grafter

Usage stats

Hi. Since midnight on the 27th July when my subscription and months usage is renewed I'm being told I have no usage information, but I have been using the internet as per usual, so something would appear to be wrong at Plusnets end is my guess.
This is the first time in over four years of using Plusnet that this has happened, any suggestions please would be most welcome.
Pete
13 REPLIES 13
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Usage stats

Hi Pete,
It /could/ be that you're weren't authenticated with our traffic management platform when you were billed. Not your fault but it happens occasionally and when it does usage won't populate until you reauthenticate. Try disconnecting/reconnecting and leave it six hours or so. If you still have no usage after this then let me know ...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Don't worry about disconnecting/reconnecting, we've briefly interrupted the session from this end so you should reconnect straight away and have some usage showing within the next couple of hours. Please let us know how things go, thanks.
PGRGrandad
Grafter

Hi Bob and Matt, apologies for not responding sooner but this is the first chance I have had to switch the computer on today.
Usage stats are still showing " No info available", I haven't disconnected/ reconnected yet but I will try that now, Im assuming you just mean switching off the router and back on again.
Thanks for your help so far.
Pete
PGRGrandad
Grafter

@ Bob or Matt. I disconnected my router at 17.50 on Tuesday evening but still no stats are showing for my usage. It's not a great problem at this end of the month but could be nearer the end of the month.
I hope it can be sorted soon.
Pete
PGRGrandad
Grafter

Hi. is anyone going to respond to my problem please, I have responded as requested by both Bob Pullen & Matt Taylor.
Thanks in anticipation
Pete
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

bump Tongue
Zap
Grafter

I have had the same problem, I first noticed it when I got the emails telling me I exceeded my limit, since then this is the official line from Plusnet support

With regards to the issue you reported to us, we are aware of a problem with some accounts where customers are unable to view their usage. This has been raised on our system as a Problem and so our Development team are currently looking into this issue (ID 69949).
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and ask that you bear with us while this is resolved.

and
Thank you for getting back to us.
I can confirm that the issue is under investigation but we do not have a projected fix time of when this will be resolved.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
PGRGrandad
Grafter

Thanks for that Zap, the only info I have been given is what you see here on the thread, incidentally I haven't exceeded my limit so I have no idea why it should have happened in my case.
Hopefully Bob or Matt can shine some light on the issue.
Pete
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,
Apologies for the lack of a response. As alluded to above, we've an internal problem open to investigate why this is happening (ref: 69949). There's definitely more than one cause though. In some instances I've seen, our traffic management switches are failing to authenticate users, whilst in others, the RADIUS data we collect looks to be getting discarded.
There's not much more I can share about what's going on because we're still not 100% sure ourselves Undecided
Edit: @Zap, just looked at yours and it's slightly different to the other examples I've seen. I've made some changes this side so can you disconnect/reconnect, give it a few hours and let me know if it's made any difference?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

PGRGrandad
Grafter

Thanks Bob, appreciate the feedback and will wait patiently.
Cheers Pete
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Zap
I have had the same problem, I first noticed it when I got the emails telling me I exceeded my limit, since then this is the official line from Plusnet support

Zap, your usage should be sorted now.
@PGRGrandad, your problem is slightly different and we're still working on a fix.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Ponds
Dabbler

Information for anyone interested in the "no usage stats" problem.
I've just had this as well, after changing broadband product. I raised a ticket which was added to PID 69949.
I rebooted the router to see if that would clear the problem. Before rebooting, I ran the tool to see which gateway I was on. It was ptw-ag04.
After the reboot, it's working - or at least, the usage figures are non-zero. Now I'm on gateway ptw-ag01.
Obviously, the different gateway and change of broadband product might just be coincidence.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The gateway is just a coincidence, you just happened to reboot around the time we fixed the problem!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.