cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage seems way to high

Wavemachine
Dabbler

Usage seems way to high

I have been with plus.net for 6 weeks now, I have just checked my usage for the last week and it is showing as 15Gb. I very rarely used that in a month with my old provider. I just checked my router and that show it has been up for 6 days and has received 4Gb down and .3 Gb up.
I am using a BT Home Hub 3 to connect if that makes any difference.
Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Usage seems way to high

We've seen a few similar reports to this recently!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Wavemachine
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Jelv,
I spoke to support this morning and he said in my case the website was not displaying the correct usage, the actual usage was along the lines of what I was expecting. They are going to get it sorted for me:)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Dave,
Indeed there do seem to be a number of reports about over reporting of bandwidth usage.
I upgraded to unlimited earlier this year so I tend not to look at the usage graphs very often, however having seen your post I went and checked mine.  The recent 10 days has been much lower than normal due to step son being away at his fathers, however I did notice more than 1Gb being reported during the off-peak hours on Saturday 25th - WHEN NO ONE WAS USING THE INTERNET.
Something is indeed strange!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.