cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter broken on a 10GB-limited account

chusan
Dabbler

Re: Usage meter broken on a 10GB-limited account

Hi reported mine at the start of May and it is still not working today and now have been charged a second  £5.00 making the months total more than the unlimited rate. How many other customers is this happening to.

regards

Chusan

waltdav1
Grafter

Just to add to the story, I contacted the Chatline this morning and they told me that usage statistics are no longer available to "unlimited" broadband accounts.  So now we know!

Roll_eyes

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@chusan

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/ and you should complain, asking for your money to be refunded as Plusnet have stop you from avoiding the extra charge due  to their incompetence.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@EnglishMohican - Happy to hear you can see your usage again, thanks for letting us know.

@waltdav1 - Unfortunately as a result of some changes to our network, the usage meter doesn't always work with Unlimited broadband accounts and I'm unable to advise you when it'll be restored. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

@chusan - Sorry to hear you're unable to view your usage. It's looks like one of my colleagues has picked up your ticket this morning and we've issued you with a refund of your extra usage incurred because of this.

To try to resolve this I've refreshed the broadband component on your account, can you try a reboot of your router and let us know how you get on in about 4 hours time? Thanks.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

Sorry for the late reply but, as I told Gandalf in a PM, I've been away.

The usage meter at my father-in-law's is now working again and, as with one of the other people affected in this thread, it looks like the history is all there too. Thanks, Gandalf for your efforts. It looks like some people are still having problems, though, both here and in another thread. Good luck with getting it all sorted.

[Edit] I didn't need to reboot the router, by the way. The meter was already working when I first looked earlier today. I guess the router (or at least the internet connection) could have been rebooted from the other end, though, in the meantime. (Checks) Ah yes - DSL connection up since yesterday morning.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems @grahamt thanks for getting back to me.

Magic, happy to hear it's all up and running.

Let us know if I can help further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet