cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter broken on a 10GB-limited account

grahamt
Rising Star

Usage meter broken on a 10GB-limited account

There have been well-known problems with the usage meter (in "View my usage") for unlimited accounts using Plusnet's new network. These problems are now fixed - sort of.

Today I was checking the usage of my father-in-law's account. This is a legacy ADSL account with a 10GB-per-month limit. I don't know if any such accounts are using the new network or not - are they? Anyway, no usage is showing for this month in "View my usage", although the usage month started on April 13. (Usage for the previous 3 months does show up and looks about right).

This is potentially worrying, as usage over 10GB will presumably still be charged in 5GB lumps. Can someone at Plusnet please take a look at this? I can send a personal message with the ID of my father-in-law's account if asked to do so. (He's 90 and only does the most basic things himself, which is why I'm handling this for him.)

20 REPLIES 20
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Usage meter broken on a 10GB-limited account

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@grahamt wrote:

There have been well-known problems with the usage meter (in "View my usage") for unlimited accounts using Plusnet's new network. These problems are now fixed - sort of.

Fixed?  No actual usage recorded on my account since June last year, and I get the impression from the staff on this forum that it will never reappear.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there @grahamt

I am sorry to hear that the usage meter for your father in law's account doesn't appear to be working. I'd be happy to investigate this for you. Please send me a private message with his username.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thank you for your private message Graham. I've refreshed the broadband component on their account, please can you try rebooting the router when you're next over there and let us know how you get on?

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chusan
Dabbler

I have had this problem and phoned technical help this morning and they said they would look into the matter.

regards

Chusan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Chusan.

Sorry to see you're having issues with your usage too. Happy to hear things are in hand, if you need any further support please let me know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Mine is a 60Gb account but we have been getting closer to the limit over the last few months. As you can guess, my usage meter has registered nothing since the middle of last month. Can you give it a kick please?

Incidentally, is it the measurement method that is borked or the display of the measurement. If its the former, then you won't know when I exceed the limit - so maybe I do not actually care!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there @EnglishMohican

I am sorry to hear you too are unable to view your usage. I've refreshed your broadband component, can you try a reboot of your router within/at least in 4 hours and let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

As requested, I disconnected and then rebooted the router. Nothing on my usage meter but it is only minutes since I reconnected.

Two questions.

1) Did I need to reboot the router or would a disconnect/reconnect have sufficed?

2) Are you expecting my usage since April 14th to re-appear or only usage from here forwards?

Thanks for the interest so far.

EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

6 hours later and still no data on my current usage screen.

To be clear, the message I get is "Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment." rather than a screen that shows zero usage.

EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

Twenty-four hours later and still "Sorry, there is nothing to show at the moment". It does not look as though the cure worked.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear this, @EnglishMohican

I've raised a ticket with our network team to investigate this for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
waltdav1
Grafter

I have been an "unlimited" broadband subscriber for several years.  I used to be able to check my usage by looking in my online account details, but I notice today it is presenting a notice saying "There is nothing to display at the moment".  I can not show my historical usage either.  Has this feature been permanently withdrawn, or is it likely to come back eventually?  It was useful for me to be able to check how much data I was using in the various usage categories.

EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

Just to complete my part of this story, Gandalf referred the usage meter problem to the Network Team and my meter now works again. Thank you all for that.

It is clear that it is the display system that is the problem rather than the data collection system as my history for this billing period is all present and correct, so it was being collected - just not displayed.

It does raise the question of why it broke in the first place. I have not made any changes to my use of Plusnet at all, so it is clearly some internal mischief that is causing the display to disappear.