cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage breakdown

njay
Grafter

Usage breakdown

Out of curiosity I took a look at my usage now I am on FTTC and no surprise its gone up (probably all the speed tests we do initially  :D).
What I was wanted to know though is what does Xbox live come under as my gaming is listed as zero percent.
Activity Allowance Overnight usage Total usage 
Web 28% 3% 31%
Email 1% 0% 1%
Broadband phonecalls 14% 0% 14%
Gaming 0% 0% 0%
Streaming 21% 28% 49%
PlusNet FTP 0% 0% 0%
Peer-to-peer 0% 0% 0%
Usenet 0% 0% 0%
FTP (non PlusNet) 0% 0% 0%
Other 5% 0% 5%
Total usage so far 69% 31% 100%

I guess Skype is the broadband calls as I certainly don't use any other VOIP system?

9 REPLIES 9
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Usage breakdown

Hi njay,
Have you been on Xbox live since your new billing date. I can see that for the month of April you had 230Mb of usage under gaming last month.
Skype is being classified under broadband phone calls as it should.
njay
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Yes. the last time I was on xbox live was 17th May approx 21:30-23:00 for a bout of online gaming.
Cheers
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Xbox live traffic should be coming under gaming, let me know when you've been on it again and we'll have a look. If it's not there we may need to get a wireshark.
njay
Grafter

I was on xbox live last night approx 9:40 to 11pm.  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's certainly not showing up, is your Xbox definitely connected to your network, it's not connected wirelessly to a different network by any chance?
njay
Grafter

Most definitely on mine as I streamed a video to it from the HDD connected to my Asus n66u a few days back. I was also using xbox smart glass on my iPad last night too.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Would you be able to try a wireshark on your Xbox? You'd need to mirror your ports on your router to do this. Dave has explained how to here It might be worth trying with your Technicolour router as I haven't managed to find a guide for the Asus n66u.
njay
Grafter

Well the Xbox is in a completely different room all hooked up in an av rack. The PC is at least hard wired to the router but its in use most of the time so will have to try and find some time to work out what's best. Might be able to run a long cable to the router from the Xbox but a bit loathed to switch out the asus Sad
A few questions Smiley
What is the impact of the usage being misreported.
Can PN actually see date and time when it last recorded Gaming usage as I have used three routers since fibre install on 16th April so that might narrow it down.
Btw i Swapped to using dual 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless (2.4ghz with 582n and 8960n) with the n66u but As the xbox slim doesnt support 5ghz and only sees 2.4ghz SSID (different names ;)) i can't see how that would have any baring on it lol. Eg. The iPad connects on 5g and still sees the Xbox slim.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Usage can sometimes be mis-reported and will have no affect to you whatsoever, the only thing you notice is that it's not classified in the correct category as you did.
We can see that you had the gaming traffic in April but not the exact date I'm afraid.