cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage allowance?

geewizz
Grafter

Usage allowance?

I know what my usage is, that was easy enough to find, but after 20 minutes of searching the free-online member centre I can't find any information on the allowed usage on my account. I have a Free-Online Broadband Premier Option 1 account.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?
10 REPLIES 10
Liam
Grafter

Re: Usage allowance?

This page should help you.
The usage allowance between 4pm - Midnight on Premier Option 1 is 20Gb, with light restrictions on your speeds beginning at 13Gb.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Hopefully this link will point you in the right direction.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
You have an allowance of 20GB during peak times of the month.  Peak times are 4pm to midnight.
Light restrictions are applied from 13GB.
Please see here for further details:
http://www.free-online.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_premier1.shtml
geewizz
Grafter

Wow! great stuff, thank you. Smiley
Now it only remains for me to find the link from somewhere in the account information in the member centre that was so easy to find for everyone except the bog-standard customer who needs it. Cheesy
Chris
Legend

From the Free-Online website
>>Click on Help & Support
>>Click on Product Information
>>Click on Broadband Product Archive

You should then see your product in the list.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: Liam
This page should help you.
The usage allowance between 4pm - Midnight on Premier Option 1 is 20Gb, with light restrictions on your speeds beginning at 13Gb.

Am I losing it? I have scanned that page several times and i can't find the 13Gb figure quoted. I've run an auto search on the page and it doesn't find the figure quoted.
13Gb is only 65% of promised usage allowance. Surely that's a bit early to be introducing speed limits?
Also, if I'm only getting 512kbps at best anyway, will the restrictions be applied if I breach this 65% of my monthly usage?
I understand why restrictions have to be applied on users who are approaching their peak usage as its only fair. But i have to admit to being surprised that the brakes would be applied when the train has still to finish 2/3 of its journey.
James
Grafter

The only impact that you would notice would be to P2P/Usenet protocols.
You won't notice any impact to your browsing speeds should you reach 13GB.
Chris
Legend

You will need to click the traffic management link on that page, this will take you here
geewizz
Grafter

Excellent and full answers, thank you very much. Smiley
It looks like I'm running at the fully penalised rates anyway (as i don't use P2P or Usenet.)
So looking on the bright side, I'll never notice any detrimental effects by over-running the set Usage Limits. It would take an effort to reach them. Cheesy
Thanks everyone for your swift and comprehensive replies.
Chris
Legend

You're most welcome, shout up if you have any further queries.