missa3
Grafter

Re: Usage Allowance being used up very quickly

is 256kps very slow?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is better than dial up but not much - you can browse slowly and send/receive emails also slowly but you can forget about streaming anything. Also the speeds are restricted all the time including the overnight "free" period
Note that the upstream speed is also limited but I don't remember the number and it isn't documented as far as I know
missa3
Grafter

the usage is still increasing quickly which is worrying me. Do plusnet offer unlimited services? I wont actually be using the internet for downloading from now on but I am still concerned how fast the usage is increasing.
missa3
Grafter

increasing by 10mb every 5 mins is this normal
Oldjim
Resting Legend

No
Is this what networX is reporting or the Plusnet usage report as this can be up to 2 hours behind
To be honest it sound like something may still uploading if that is a live figure
Are both computers still connected to the internet and have got networx running on both of them
missa3
Grafter

plusnet usage report. It was well over 2 hours ago that we switched off the torrent application
missa3
Grafter

only one computer still connected which is the one i am using now. networx shows 70mb usage since 5pm. Have been browsing normally since then with an hr break
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Can you disable the wireless on the router and just use the computer via a wired connection
Does the router show what is connected to it
missa3
Grafter

will probably have to see how it goes over the next couple of days if not having bittorrent makes a difference
missa3
Grafter

is there a way I can see what devices are connected to it?
matt_2k34
Grafter

Whilst VMBU says its 2 hours behind, it is not uncommon for it to be a little more.
if your on youtube, or something, this would be "normal" for it to be 10mb / 5 mins.
what sort of sites are you using if you dont mind me asking? google? hotmail ? YouTube? etc.
Plusnet do not offer an unlimited product (anymore).

Dont apologise for lots of questions, however there is a "modify" button on the top right hand side of your last post, it may be easier to just edit the last one rather than adding a new reply each time Smiley

Circa your last question, what router are you using? (The one plusnet provide??)
Regards
missa3
Grafter

just this forum and facebook. Havent used youtube or any streaming sites this evening. yes it is just the router plusnet provided. At this rate our usage will be gone by the end of the week!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Look at Section 4.6 of the manual - Home Network
missa3
Grafter

we didnt get a manual only the set up guide. this might be the same i could just be being thick
Oldjim
Resting Legend