cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help with question 145311877 please!

FIXED
lancem
Dabbler

Urgent help with question 145311877 please!

Hello. Is there anybody from PS Support around who could escalate the above question please? I only ask because my partner is writing her thesis for her PhD currently and is heavy reliant on having the internet to be able to do so. She's very stressed about the fact it's down and I'm at work all day and unable to spend a an hour on the phone like the other day. (I was told it was a face plate issue but now the test socket has also been down 24+ hours).

Any help to get this sorted ASAP would be highly appreciated!
27 REPLIES 27
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Urgent help with question 145311877 please!

Hi there

Just taking a look for you now.

Thanks for your patience @lancem I have tested your line and I have identified a line fault Dis In Network. I've raised this through to Openreach. We've been advised of an estimated response time of by 09/03/17 23:59:59.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

+Edit+

Our suppliers have run diagnostic checks and they indicate the problem lies with your equipment.

I'll update your ticket to reflect this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
lancem
Dabbler

Thanks very much for your reply and your time Anoush.

The ticket doesn't appear to have been updated with the equipment problem our end information. The latest comment on there is my reply regarding sending out an engineer.

Our Plusnet router is quite old, could it be a problem with that? And if so how do I request a new one? (Happy to pay P+P)

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I apologise that I didn't add to your ticket that the problem appeared to be your equipment. After I raised the fault our suppliers changed the main fault location to CA (Customer Apparatus) as they believe the fault lies internal.

I tried to call you just now to discuss getting a new router, but there was no answer. If you would like a replacement, you would need to call us and pay the P&P.

Alternatively, if you would like to just progress this to an engineer just let me know on here.

Thanks.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
lancem
Dabbler

If you're sure the problem lies at my end, I'm happy to order a new router and hope that this solves the problem. Sorry I missed the call, I'm at work! Would it be the standard Customer Support phone number to order one? 

Thanks again for your time

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's a possibility the problem lies with the router. No problems, appreciate it may be difficult to call during the daytime.

To get through quicker, if you call 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 2) the Customer Options Team will be able to take the postage charge from you. They're open until 8pm this evening.

If you're not able to call before 8pm, the advisers on the usual support number of 0800 432 0200 will be able to order you one as well.

lancem
Dabbler

Many thanks for all your assistance yesterday - I called to order the new router and ended up upgrading to Fibre with a pretty good deal! After the last few days I just hope it's like a fresh start and works smoothly from the activation date!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems. Looking at your fibre speed estimate I'd expect a pretty nice jump in speed once the service goes live.

I'd advise to start using your new router once you get it and let us know if you have the same problems, because I can't guarantee that the fault was the router.

It was just a possibility and trying a different router before arranging an engineer would help rule out the possibility of a fee should the fault be your equipment.

If you require any further assistance just let me know. Smiley

lancem
Dabbler

The new router showed up today and I've plugged it in. Unfortunately I'm getting the same issue.

Does this mean the fiber, when activated, will also fail to work? From what you say above it would seem that way and in that case an engineer would be required after all?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It seems that way I'm afraid.

If you haven't already, I'd advise to reply to your fault ticket on your account so we can book the engineer.

If your response isn't picked up tomorrow I'll be happy to take a look on Saturday.
lancem
Dabbler

Really quick reply, thank you Smiley

I'll get that ticket re-raised!
nicebutdim
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Apologies for muscling in on your thread, but it seems that you're the only person getting any form of support.

So, to whoever may be looking at this, please look at my ticket  #145238683.

An acknowledgement of my problem would be a start...

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@lancem - I've updated your ticket Smiley

@nicebutdim - I've replied to your thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Question-145238683/m-p/1421789 and updated your ticket.

nicebutdim
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thank you.

I've swapped my router again, and will leave it to learn.

lancem
Dabbler

Hi Anoush, sorry to trouble you yet again.

Still not heard anything from the engineers and although the deadline contact time is midnight tonight, it's a little late in the day now and I worry I'm not going to hear anything. On top of that I've received no further notifications about the fibre broadband (activation date was supposed to be yesterday I believe).

Sorry to nag you, it's just it's been something like 11 days with no connection now and the other half is having to do 13 hour days at work for her PhD due to only having internet there!

Thanks