cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Urgent] No broadband & can't get through on phone

andydunbar

[Urgent] No broadband & can't get through on phone

Can someone reach out to me - no broadband after storms last night.  Phone works fine, have reset everything and checked connections.

Tried to phone up but "we're very busy so phone back later or tomorrow" which frankly isn't great.  Plusnet been good for past year but disappointed by service today.

Please help - I need my broadband to work!

13 REPLIES 13
Mr-A-N-Other

Re: [Urgent] No broadband & can't get through on phone

Same issue here in Edinburgh since 5am.
linzijack

I'm the same, in Edinburgh. And same told to call back tomorrow as very busy
ejstubbs

Another Edinburgh-based customer with no broadband here. I got through to a support agent at ~08:45 after queuing for ~40 minutes listening to their godawful hold music. I was told that there is a known service problem this area, that OpenReach are working on it and the forecast time for resolution is 8:15pm. Yes, that's right, they expect us to be offline all day. I pointed out that the service status page on their web site said that everything is hunky-dory and was told that it has not been working properly for some time. I suggested that that problem should be escalated since it was probably contributing to the excessive call wait times and all the agent could do was agree.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@ejstubbs , @andydunbar , @linzijack , @Mr-A-N-Other If it is a 'local' problem it would not necessarily be posted on the disruptions page even if that was working, but as it is a BT infrastructure problem anyway, there is nothing PN can do about it - you are in the hands of BT/Openreach.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

As it happens, it is on the Status page https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status

It is also far more widespread. https://downdetector.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom/map/

andydunbar

That's useful to know - it wasn't on the status page this morning (and I'm in Edinburhg like the others).  So at least we know there's no need to call.

Playtoe

No Broadband in Cumbria for 3 days now and impossible to contact plusnet.

They used to be a good company before they were taken over by BT.

Will have to refer this to Ofcom. I Suggest everyone with similar problems does the same.

jab1
Legend

@Playtoe 'No broadband' - is it just you, or are others around you also affected?

John
ejstubbs

"As it happens, it is on the Status page"
It is now, yes (hurrah). I can assure you that it was not there earlier this morning when I spoke to Plusnet and posted on here. Maybe my call actually had some effect in getting them to update it?
Playtoe

@jab1  I don't know anyone else in the area with Plusnet.  The neighbors broadband is working fine but they are with SKY. 

jab1
Legend

@Playtoe In that case, for anyone here to be able to help you - are you on ADSL or FTTC? I would suggest starting your own topic on the relevant board, with as much detail as possible - your initial post is a little bereft of detail.

John
Playtoe

@jab1  Thanks for the advice. I'll try that. What would you consider to be the relevant board?

jab1
Legend

Depends on the answer to my question in the previous post. If you are an ADSL customer then THIS is the correct one, however if you are a fibre customer, then THIS ONE .

John