Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent. Can Support get my FTTC problem resolved

Nomadic
Grafter

Urgent. Can Support get my FTTC problem resolved

What is going on?
My FTTC connection has been down since 21st September and things are going in circles between Plusnet and BT.
See ticket #59771273
Plusnet Support needs to put some real pressure on BT to get their act together. Every appointment they have made has been missed.They had committed to an appointment between 8am and 1pm today but true to form they did not arrive at the arranged time.
The connection had been stable until BT checked the line to see if the speed performance could be improved. Immediately afterwards, we had a red internet light on the router and despite multiple router resets and swapping to the old Netgear router we have not been able to get connected again.
BT say they have checked the line and assert that it's not their problem.
Plusnet get us to run tests, then call BT again.
BT eventually get round to going through the same motions and so the cycle continues.
When we update the ticket Plusnet is slow to respond.
I worked in IT as an engineer for many years and often encountered similar difficulties where BT engineers would run some tests on a line then tell the customer it was not their problem. The customer asked us to check our equipment and I would confirm that it was ok but when I ran line tests I was able to confirm that the fault was external to the customer premises. The customer and I would then arrange to meet with BT and using tools such as datascopes I could demonstrate that it was a BT problem. I know that communications has made huge advances since then but it should be easier to identify where the problem lies if the customer, Plusnet and BT co-operate to put it right.
We hoped that things could have been resolved today, Plusnet said that a support person would be available to discuss the problem but the BT engineer did not arrive at the agreed time as usual.
Plusnet need to improve and have reliable interaction and communications with BT. It's not acceptable for BT to continually miss appointments.
We have done everything asked of us and we just want this sorted as soon as possible.
3 REPLIES 3
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: Urgent. Can Support get my FTTC problem resolved

Where are you based?
Yesterday afternoon, Plusnet reported a service update that BT were enacting their "Matters beyond our reasonable control" get-out:

This is an update to the MBORC (matters beyond our reasonable control) notice that was issued by BT Openreach on the 12th July. These notices are issued when factors outside of Openreach's control have a negative impact on the service(s) they provide.
    Further MBORCs have been declared due to large parts of the country experiencing extremely high winds and heavy rainfall.
    The latest update is as follows:
    "we are declaring MBORC for all our repair activities in the following areas with effect from 14.00pm today, Friday 28 September:
    Durham & Tees Valley
    York
    Bradford & the Dales
    Leeds & West Yorkshire
    South Yorkshire and Chesterfield
    North Lincoln
    Cumbria
    North Manchester
    South Manchester
    Merseyside
    Lancashire
    Derby & Nottingham
    Leicester
    Birmingham & Black Country
    Mid Wales & Shrewsbury
    North Wales
    Stoke & Chester
    NE Scotland
    Central Scotland
    SE Scotland
    Aylesbury
    Northampton
    Southampton
    We have a number of plans in place to reduce the increased fault levels and the weather outlook for next week is more settled, so we’re hopeful of making a swift recovery."
    We will leave this Service Status thread open pending further updates from our suppliers.

Kind Regard,
    Adam Walker
    Customer Support

Presumably this means they want to take engineers of their "ordinary" work, and put them on something else instead...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Nomadic
Grafter

Thanks WWWombat, we live in Northern Ireland and it isn't on the list so I don't think they can use that excuse.
BT have failed to arrive at the agreed time several times since 15th September.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Nomadic,
Apologies for the time it has taken for this to get resolved and also for the missed engineers visit.
My colleague in the faults team has been trying to contact you today. Your ticket has been updated and we will await your response.
It is at the stage of booking the engineer appointment again.