cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploaded Speed Capped - Don't Seem To Be Getting Anywhere..

JayTheBearded
Dabbler

Uploaded Speed Capped - Don't Seem To Be Getting Anywhere..

We joined Plusnet just over a week ago after the first day I noticed that our uploaded speed was a lot lower and I thought hey, must be "line training."
After doing a quick Google search I found that this is a really common problem when you join Plusnet and that it's normally really easily sorted.
I wish I could that was the same for us, for the past week we've opened up tickets, rung 3 times trying to get this problem resolved. We have one person saying that the speed it should be 445.7kbps (we're on the unlimited package which states you should get unto 1.3mbps and we achieved that with our previous provider as we live at the end of the road where the exchanged is.) and then we have another saying that it was capped, he said he removed it but the problem still persisted even after 24 hours and we then have someone else saying that the cap is down to BT? I'm at a complete loss so far, I'm very technically minded and have worked with computers and internet services for 5+ years and I can't understand what the problem is to get this removed or even get a straight anwser.
Can we please get this resolved? We joined Plusnet mainly because of being able to get interleaving switched off and the fact they offered a UK call centre and have award winning customer service and so far I'm not impressed at all. Sad Our pings are all over the place, jumping from 22ms to 200ms randomly. FTP is really being effected and to the point where I'm unable to use it because our line profile is wrong and/or the SNR isn't configured correctly. We never had these problems with our previous provider and we're using the exact same setup in the house, nothing has changed apart from the ISP.
Please can we get some help here.
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Uploaded Speed Capped - Don't Seem To Be Getting Anywhere..

I've just read over the tickets on your account and now I'm confused! The responses you've had are not clear, messy and contradict themselves.
Give me 15 minutes, I'm going to close pretty much all the tickets leaving 1 open and I'll explain the issue here too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
JayTheBearded
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, that would be a great help!
Chris
Legend

Right, it's actually pretty straightforward considering the ticket mess.
Basically your line is capped on the upload (I'm collating and feeding back on these generally so we stop doing it), so I have no idea why you've been told it's not capped. The modify order to remove the cap that was mentioned in one of the tickets did complete today, but it wouldn't have done anything because the upload was still set at 448k on that order.
So what I'm going to do is place a new, correct, modify order to uncap the upload to complete tomorrow. I'm back in at 11.30 tomorrow, so feel free to reply online here and let me know whether you've seen an improvement.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

In fact, at the moment I can't place a new order to uncap the upload as the previous order hasn't fully closed off.
I'll need to pick this back up tomorrow, so I'll move one of the tickets to myself so I remember to place this order tomorrow. Sorry about that.
JayTheBearded
Dabbler

Thank you Chris, that's great news you've managed to get to the bottom of it. That's no problem at all, getting that sorted tomorrow is good enough for me.
Yes I will let you know how it goes, hopefully good news!
Thanks again. Smiley
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've placed the order for you. If all goes well, you'll have a decent upstream by this time tomorrow. Chris has a ticket on your account to check the progress.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
JayTheBearded
Dabbler

Thanks Tony, I will keep you updated on this thread! Smiley
JayTheBearded
Dabbler

Thanks Tony and Chris, just checked the speed and we're above a meg on the upload! Thanks for all your help and getting the issue resolved! Smiley
Chris
Legend

Fantastic, sorry for the confusion and poor experience initially Sad
JayTheBearded
Dabbler

That's okay don't worry! It happens, just thank you again for all the help in getting this sorted Grin