Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds

sallonoroff
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Upload speeds

Following my recent change of home networking kit, our ADSL download speed is consistently around 12mbps (I think the fastest it has ever been) but the upload is only 700-800kbps.
I have asked PN to disable their upload limitation before now, so is 800kbps likely to be all my line is capable of? Or does that upload speed cap thingy get reset periodically? I'm convinced that once upon a time I would see 1mbps uploads.
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Upload speeds

Your upload is definitely uncapped, if it was capped you'd only be connecting at 448k rather than the 864 you're currently seeing. It is possible that your line will connect a little higher but any changes will be minimal really.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sallonoroff
Rising Star

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for fibre. And tether my phone when I want to upload something quickly in the meantime. Smiley Thanks for checking, Chris.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

sallonoroff,
Can you pleas post your full router stats here.
@Chris,
Is there any US SNRM "headroom" on this line?  I take it that US and DS SNRM targets are / can be specified independently of each other?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sallonoroff
Rising Star

Quote from: Townman
Can you pleas post your full router stats here.

I'm not sure I can. I've got a Netgear DG834GT running in modem-only mode, so (afaik) there's no way to get at the web interface anymore. Well, not without paper-clipping it back to factory settings, getting the stats, then reconfiguring as modem-only again.
...or might a crossover cable help get me into it?
Chris
Legend

From memory there was a little headroom, but not much which is why I didn't think there would be much wiggle room. We can specify the up and down SNR separately on a reset, I'll give it a go now but we can't place another reset for 10 days.
It's gone through, I'm just trying a line test whilst crossing my fingers that it's helped/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

It's still showing exactly the same upstream speed at the moment. It may just take a little more time to go through if it's going to help at all.
sallonoroff
Rising Star

Thanks for that Chris. Upload speed doesn't appear to have changed at all though. Download has improved a bit more though... seeing 13+mbps occasionally now.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Your line currently has interleaving turned on which might be restricting your upload speed .
I've placed a order to turn it off which will complete tomorrow and should hopefully give you better performance.
If your still having any further issues let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sallonoroff
Rising Star

Thanks Matthew! Had to reboot my Airport this morning (it had lost the PPPoE connection during the night) but we now have 1mbps upload speeds. Grin Ping times also seem a little improved and a couple of download tests momentarily hit 14mbps.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fantastic  Cheesy
Glad to see that's done the trick.
If you have any further issues please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team