cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds, how slow is a piece of string :)

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Upload speeds, how slow is a piece of string :)

What can I do about upload speeds and when is slow too slow?
If I try to attach 2 photos to an email rather than 1 it times out.
If I upload a one minute clip to Facebook (104MB this morning) it takes - this mornings example, from 9.38am until 10.21am - surely that's way too long?
I've submitted lots of slow speed tests (downloads are fine at around 6.8) but uploads are killing me Sad
When I went through the ticket & speed test procedure they reckoned I was running the tests while it was maxed out on an upload? A bit of research originally suggested my wife's accidental tick in an Amazon Cloud box had started huge uploads but I'm now monitoring it more closely and this morning for example her laptop was switched off.
It's so slow that plugging in my mobile to my laptop and uploading via 3G is way faster than my home PC to router (cable not WiFi)
Speed test with nothing happening attached, but that upload speed was down as low as .014 before.
I've been with PlusNet for years and never had this issue, any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Upload speeds, how slow is a piece of string :)

Hi,
If you are looking for faster upload speeds, you might want to take a look at http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/prioritised-service-faq.shtml
Unfortunately unless FTTC or ADSL2+ becomes available, we wouldn't be able to offer an uncapped upload speed free of charge.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thanks for that, is that £7.83 per month or a one off cost to switch?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

per month and the upload speed is increased to 832kbps
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

And this morning just over 20 minutes for 43MB and then 14 minutes for 33MB Sad
I'm guessing that since nobody is agreeing with me, that this is just normal speed for an upload! I have just never noticed it this painfully slow, I wonder what's changed?
Stewart
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Stewart,
Those upload speeds are normally for a 20CN circuit, unless you opt for Max Premium.