cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds for new fibre customer

Spr0cket

Upload speeds for new fibre customer

Having switched to plus net within last week or so for their fibre capability I'm seeing great download speeds - as expected on most part. Ranging from 20 to 30 Mbps or higher during quieter periods.
However I'm struggling with upload speeds. Rarely able to even get over .6Mbps.
Which baffles me as my previous delivery of non fibre adsl from O2 gave better upload rates than this.
Any ideas as I have logged a ticket with support and told that it was likely due to the recent issues that appear resolved as of yesterday evening.
Alas my upload speed still struggles.
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Upload speeds for new fibre customer

Hi Spr0cket,
Are the tests carried out wireless or wired? If wired, I would suggest powering down the modem first of all. If that doesn't help then connect to the modem directly and run a speed test. This will rule out any issues with the router. You can do this by following the step-by-step guides in our community library. There are two guides, one for Windows Vista/Windows 7 and the other for Windows XP
Jojo Smiley
Spr0cket

Thanks Jojo, tried direct modem link and results the same.
Reconfigured back to router connection and download speeds look slightly better then 30 mins earlier but upload still struggling at .48 Mbps
Fault has now been passed to wholesale for further investigation.

As an aside, I hadn't found mention to this point of upload being capped at 2meg. Why is this e case when BT for example appear happy to offer 10meg speeds for FTTC services.
Maybe I need to retrace small print, although I must admit not been able to find reference of this limitation in the documentation so far. In fact I can't find upload speeds mentioned anywhere when signing up, all it boasts are the great download rates.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

BT retail offer both 2Mb and 10Mb upload speeds, only their 'unlimited' product is 10Mb.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Spr0cket
I've just looked at your account and can see that we've logged a fault with our suppliers for you.
There should be further updates on the ticket ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team