Did you mean: 

Upload speeds above 1meg

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Upload speeds above 1meg

Ah Brian,
Had not understood the reference to the quoted page - had my repeated lament "if UNcapped is standard, why do we see so many capped provisions... indeed why do previously UNcapped services become capped?"...
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Townman
why do previously UNcapped services become capped?"...

Indeed. I suspect that the faults team have some dodgy out of date procedure to follow, along the lines of "On ADSL2+, uncapped upload can cause problems. If a user is reporting intermittent connection, low speeds, congestion, piles, whooping cough or rickets, cap their upload speed. That'll larn 'em"...
Crazy
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Grin Grin Grin Nice one Brian.
But back to the point raised by Townman, the new provisioning system clearly doesn't seem to have addressed this problem as there are still plenty of posts appearing about new provides with a capped upstream  Roll_eyes
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Chris Parr is collating these still. I'm not sure if he's confirmed a pattern or not. I know, initially at least, it was believed to be agent error causing the upstream issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thanks Tony.