cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed way below my other lines - told there are no faults.

kazagamez
Dabbler

Re: Upload speed way below my other lines - told there are no faults.

Quote from: chenks76
Quote from: kazagamez
I am running a business here that relies solely on upload speeds.  I would have never taken this line if just 1 agent had explained that the line will not support more than 15mb upstream.

if that's the case then you should be paying for a business class product then and not a home class product.
if you want guaranteed speeds then you need to pay for it.
what is this business that relies solely on upload speeds that you are running from a home product.

I am on a business account with plus net not a residential account.  My home broadband lines with Sky achieve better upload though.  The only other option is a leased line which will cost 10x more than this business line for maybe twice the upload speed.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Our Faults Team will take a look at your line, however, I can't make any guarantees that we can improve on the upload speeds you're getting now - but we'll certainly take a look.
kazagamez
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
If you believe you have a fault, please ensure that you complete the Fault Checker fully at http://faults.plus.net - personally, I can't see an issue with your line speeds against your line estimates. If you are as close as you say you are to the cabinet, that's something our Faults Team should take a look at.

the faults team run there little diagnostics and then tell me everything is ok.  The Plusnet support are a lot mroe confident than any otehr support I have dealt with in the past.  This can be both a good and bad thing.  they refuse to accept anything I am saying because they check on the BTW line checker site and because that says 15mb they refuse to do anything for me.
Still nobody explains why plus net keep telling me my exchange is not capable of more than 15mb upload yet sky give me 19+
kazagamez
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Our Faults Team will take a look at your line, however, I can't make any guarantees that we can improve on the upload speeds you're getting now - but we'll certainly take a look.

I appreciate that Chris although I am not very optimistic.  They will do that check I mentioned earlier and then tell me the max I can ever hope for is 15mb and that my speeds are fine.  I dont think they believe me when I tell them my distance from the cabinet and that my exchange is capable of 20mb upload speeds.
x47c
Grafter

I wonder if Sky allocate more frequency bins in the spectrum to the upload than does a BTOR operated line.
That way with more spectrum available to the upload you could indeed get a higher upload speed.
Of course the corollary is that any such 'bins' reallocated to upload are taken from the download spectrum so IF indeed this is happening then you would receive a lower download speed/sync on sky line than you would on a BTOR line - assuming such two lines were hypothetically of identical quality.
kazagamez
Dabbler

Quote from: x47c
I wonder if Sky allocate more frequency bins in the spectrum to the upload than does a BTOR operated line.
That way with more spectrum available to the upload you could indeed get a higher upload speed.
Of course the corollary is that any such 'bins' reallocated to upload are taken from the download spectrum so IF indeed this is happening then you would receive a lower download speed/sync on sky line than you would on a BTOR line - assuming such two lines were hypothetically of identical quality.

This sounds as if it could be whats happening here.  The issue is that from the very first phonecall with plusnet my emphasis has been with upload speed.  I made it very clear that I would not be satisfied unless I was getting close to 19mb upload.  They are now telling me that those phone calls can not be traced because I did not complete the order in those phone calls. 
Really this will not be good for business for both myself and plus net.  The first time I was informed of the 15mb limit on upload was 30 minutes after the broadband line was connected.  I immediately asked for a cancellation to which I was quoted £700.  This is like some ISP horror story that you hear about in reviews and YouTube videos.
The difference being here that I run an online brand that reaches 3m-5m unique online viewers per day.  Iam an SEO expert.  I will ensure my storey ranks at the top of Google and YouTube for multiple Plusnet search keywords and phrases.  I would prefer it does not come to this and the issue be resolved but I think its disgusting that I be asked to pay £700 for half an hour of service.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

As previously mentioned, our Faults Team will take a look at this for you.