cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed virtually non-existent

rondon9897

Upload speed virtually non-existent

Hello there,
I have had no problem with the internet package so far and all is good except my upload speeds are absolutely dreadful. I do live out in the sticks, relatively speaking, so am only supposed to get 8 Mbps download, which is not perfect but it will do. However, when uploading videos or pictures (which I do need to do for lots of different tasks), the upload rate is about 20kbps. Surely I can expect a higher upload rate than that? To upload an average Youtube video, for example, will take me about 3 days at that speed. Is there no improvement that can be made?
Thanks,
John
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Re: Upload speed virtually non-existent

is that wired or wireless and what are the router stats
AndyT
Grafter

Hi rondon9897,
I have run a test of your circuit and the upload sync speed is 448kbps as we'd expect.  As Oldjim has asked, have you tested over a wired connection?
rondon9897

Yes I only work over a wired connection.
448 kbps is about 50KB/S isn't it? So that's the maximum upload I can expect? Is there any way that this can be improved or is that the absolute maximum for my area? Because that kind of speed is glacial.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

You can pay for Max Premium which will increase the sync rate to 832kbps http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/prioritised-service-faq.shtml