cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed virtually non-existent

rondon9897

Upload speed virtually non-existent

Hello there,
I have had no problem with the internet package so far and all is good except my upload speeds are absolutely dreadful. I do live out in the sticks, relatively speaking, so am only supposed to get 8 Mbps download, which is not perfect but it will do. However, when uploading videos or pictures (which I do need to do for lots of different tasks), the upload rate is about 20kbps. Surely I can expect a higher upload rate than that? To upload an average Youtube video, for example, will take me about 3 days at that speed. Is there no improvement that can be made?
Thanks,
John
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upload speed virtually non-existent

is that wired or wireless and what are the router stats
AndyT
Grafter

Hi rondon9897,
I have run a test of your circuit and the upload sync speed is 448kbps as we'd expect.  As Oldjim has asked, have you tested over a wired connection?
rondon9897

Yes I only work over a wired connection.
448 kbps is about 50KB/S isn't it? So that's the maximum upload I can expect? Is there any way that this can be improved or is that the absolute maximum for my area? Because that kind of speed is glacial.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You can pay for Max Premium which will increase the sync rate to 832kbps http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/prioritised-service-faq.shtml