cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed killing connection

mattfrancis123

Upload speed killing connection

Hi, the upload speeds I have have been a bit of a problem from the start (several months), but I've recently noticed if a file >1Mb is being uploaded it completely kills the connection until the upload is cancelled, so much so other services time out. 

I've done some speed test and they time out too when getting to the upload test, so clearly a problem, one such test suggested it may be an issue with a firewall, but I can't see what firewall function could be causing this from the router settings. Is there a setting on the router I can adjust to resolve this, or an account setting capping my upload speeds?

Thanks in advance. 

Router details below:

1 - Product name: Plusnet Router 3 - Firmware version: 7.275.11_F2704N_Plusnet 4 - Board version: F@ST2704N 5 - Mode ADSL 6 - Uptime: 7 days 05:23:50 7 - Data rate: 201/9533 8 - Maximum data rate: 304/10332 9 - Noise margin: 10.4/3.0 10 - Line attenuation: 30.1/66.5 12 - Data sent/received: 2.0G/3.2G 22 - Wi-Fi connections: Enable(802.11 b/g/n(up to 144 Mb/s))20 MHz WPS enabled 23 - Wi-Fi security: WPA2 24 - Wi-Fi channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 25 - Firewall: Default 27 - Software variant Version 1.0 28 - Boot loader: 7.275.6

5 REPLIES 5
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Upload speed killing connection

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've tested your line and both the download and upload speeds look lower than I'd expect. Your upload is showing at around 200kb which would explain why uploading anything kills your connection. That being said, there are no external faults showing on the line which would affect this.

Could you get your router into the test socket (as shown below) and then perform a wired speed test - if your upload/download are still poor, I'd recommend raising a fault here so that we can investigate this for you further.

Test socket guidance here.

Best wishes

Dave

mattfrancis123

Thanks Dave. I tried a wired test, thats where my info came from, but no joy. I've submitted a ticket. Thanks again
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @mattfrancis123, thank you for getting back to us. I've updated the fault ticket with steps to take your side before we would progress this forwards to a engineer appointment. The fault ticket can be found here. Let us know how it goes and feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily progress this forwards for you.

mattfrancis123

Hi, so I forked out for new filter and leads but this is still a problem, same as before. Can I have an engineer come look at this now?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for trying out what you can. I've just replied back to the ticket with a response about engineer visits asking for your availability. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team