cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed drop...again

shalom2010
Grafter

Upload speed drop...again

I wonder why my upload speed has dropped (again) - I had a fault logged a few months ago, looks like it may have returned. (Download speed is fine at 68 Mbps)
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Upload speed drop...again

Hmm, sorry to hear that. Have you noticed any change in the sync rate as reported by your router?
shalom2010
Grafter

Yes Matt, the BT speed test has shown:
IP Profile for your line is - 70.4 Mbps (19/06/13)
IP Profile for your line is - 68.5 Mbps (07/08/13)
IP Profile for your line is - 68.7 Mbps (08/08/13)
So, recently it has gone up, I had a very stable connection for 37 days in a row. However as you can see from the Sam Knows graph the upload speed has dropped. I can monitor it for a week and see if it comes up itself.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Must admit I am hoping it will do, if only because it's tricky at present to get our suppliers to accept a fault with the upload on a circuit 😕
But yes, please do keep an eye on it, if it gets worse then definitely raise a fault and we'll do what we can.
shalom2010
Grafter

Okay Matt. That's the line I got when the engineers were here all day in June. They said no one complains about upload!  The only reason I mention it, is because I upload photos I've taken to Flickr
and I'm talking about 1 Gb a time. It's much quicker at 17.4 Mbps compared to 11 Mbps!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Interesting. I'd say while that used to be the case, it is no longer Smiley Upload is definitely a major factor in a lot of people wanting Fibre. Hopefully the culture will change soon.
shalom2010
Grafter

Pleased to say after 5 days my upload speed has returned to normal - I wonder why it dipped for 5 days...complete mystery, any suggestions?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Pixies. Evil little blighters.
EDIT: Honestly the only thing I can think of is interference in the frequency range of the upload rather than the download. Yes that's pretty specific, but unless it was some kind of issue in the network somewhere (which seems unlikely as there'd be more complaints that way) that's about all I can think of.
shalom2010
Grafter

Okay - well SamKnows was worth having here because it gives me the longer term picture rather having to do speed tests all the time. Many thanks for your help (& in the past) Matt - great service Smiley