cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed cap!

categlover

Upload speed cap!

Hi,
I joined plusnet just under a month ago and since then my upload speeds have been very low (0.4Mbps max whether wireless or wired connection).  I thought at first it might just be something to do with the line speeds varying through the first ten days, but it's still slow 2 weeks after that ended.  I've done a little reading on here and I've seen a lot of people mentioning a cap on the upload speeds.  If there's such a cap on my account can it be removed please?  Let me know if you need any account details and the best way to provide them.
Thanks  Smiley
Cate
10 REPLIES 10
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Upload speed cap!

Hi categlover,
Welcome to the Community Forums!
I've placed the order for you and it should take effect as of tomorrow morning Smiley
categlover

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the quick reply and help.  I'll let you know if things improve in the morning.
Thanks Smiley
Cate
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Smiley
categlover

Hi again Chris,
Good news and bad news.  The good news is that my upload speeds have now increased from 0.4Mbps to 0.9Mbps (yay  :D).  The bad news is that at exactly the same time, my download speeds dropped from 13-16Mbps to 6.5-6.9Mbps (boo  :().
Could you look into this for me please?
Thanks,
Cate.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi,
Can you please post a full set of router stats?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

categlover

Hi Townman,
How do I do that please?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Categlover,
It depends on your router - see here for guidance http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
Note other links there which also explain what the figures mean.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not sure what happened, there. It looks as though the change caused a temporary bad sync event.
Everything looks to be back to normal, if you can log into your router and hit the 'Disconnect' and 'Connect' again, you should see the profile re-align for you.
Sorry about that!
categlover

That seems to have done it, Chris.  Many thanks.  Grin
Thanks also to Townman for your assistance.  Lucky I didn't have to do those stats as my router was about the only one not listed in the link you sent (It's a TP-Link)  Wink
I'll keep an eye on things for the next few days and let you know if anything changes.
Thanks again, folks.  Kudos all round
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great! - glad that sorted the issue out for you Smiley